Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:18 pm 
Offline
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 1565
Location: Meriden,Ct.
https://eaa.org/eaa/news-and-publicatio ... 1VOGNxcSJ9

Phil

_________________
A man's got to know his limitations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:13 pm
Posts: 5290
Location: Minnesota, USA
Looks like another good possibility might be Lockheed Model 10A #1145, being restored at Hawk Aero Ltd. Fuel calibration tests were completed earlier this month. Owner Rob Mackley is on record stating his intent to eventually fly the Electra from NZ to Oshkosh for AirVenture.



Image



https://scontent-msp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5EA8994A

_________________
It was a good idea, it just didn't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:38 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:13 pm
Posts: 5290
Location: Minnesota, USA
Thom Richard returning with the TP-40N

_________________
It was a good idea, it just didn't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 am 
Offline
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:49 pm
Posts: 1771
Location: West Lafayette, Ind.
Sounds like Greg Shelton will have the FM-2 there. Loved his aerobatic display a couple years ago!

Tora! Tora! Tora! will also be there and is scheduled to fly in three of the airshows.

_________________
Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:51 am
Posts: 488
Location: Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Dave Hadfield wrote:
I might be able to bring the Lysander... if the stars align...


Dave,

With the recent ownership change, do you think that there is still a chance you might be able to bring this beauty to Oshkosh this year?

Would be awesome to see you and the Lysander there this summer!

Steve :drink3:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 643
Location: Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
If all goes to plan, I'll be attending in Yale 3372. (first time flying into KOSH :) )

I'm hoping to get an NA-64 Yale gathering at Oshkosh to celebrate the type's 80th anniversary plus the 50th anniversary of the Ernie Simmons auction. At least two are scheduled to attend, plus a few more 'maybes' 8)

:partyman:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:51 pm
Posts: 92
Location: winnipeg mb canada
rcaf_100 wrote:
If all goes to plan, I'll be attending in Yale 3372. (first time flying into KOSH :) )

I'm hoping to get an NA-64 Yale gathering at Oshkosh to celebrate the type's 80th anniversary plus the 50th anniversary of the Ernie Simmons auction. At least two are scheduled to attend, plus a few more 'maybes' 8)

:partyman:



A bunch of Yales - awesome!!

Last years Airventure with the Mossie and F-82 was pretty special, this years focus on warbirds says only one thing......I shall return!

188 days to go!
cheers - kk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:06 am 
Offline
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:26 pm
Posts: 1777
Location: Creemore Ontario Canada
Flying in to Oshkosh for the first time is pretty special.
Arriving in a warbird takes that to an even better level! 8)
Enjoy friend.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:18 am 
Offline
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:34 pm
Posts: 2744
Wings of the North just announced that they have the Erickson Collections "109" and Fw-190 will be attending AirExpo on July 18 and 19.
https://www.wotn.org/airexpo/
I'd say there is a good chance those birds are headed to Wisconsin the following week...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:32 pm 
Offline
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:49 pm
Posts: 1771
Location: West Lafayette, Ind.
Warbirdnerd wrote:
Wings of the North just announced that they have the Erickson Collections "109" and Fw-190 will be attending AirExpo on July 18 and 19.
https://www.wotn.org/airexpo/
I'd say there is a good chance those birds are headed to Wisconsin the following week...


It looks like they're also performing in Cleveland in early September. I suspect they will be attending a certain airshow in Michigan as well. It makes sense that they would look to capitalize on the trip by making multiple appearances to get the most out of the visit.

_________________
Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 482
Location: Ontario
kalamazookid wrote:
Warbirdnerd wrote:
Wings of the North just announced that they have the Erickson Collections "109" and Fw-190 will be attending AirExpo on July 18 and 19.
https://www.wotn.org/airexpo/
I'd say there is a good chance those birds are headed to Wisconsin the following week...


It looks like they're also performing in Cleveland in early September. I suspect they will be attending a certain airshow in Michigan as well. It makes sense that they would look to capitalize on the trip by making multiple appearances to get the most out of the visit.

Now also confirmed for London Airshow Sept 11-13


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:23 pm
Posts: 534
Thomas_Mac wrote:
kalamazookid wrote:
Warbirdnerd wrote:
Wings of the North just announced that they have the Erickson Collections "109" and Fw-190 will be attending AirExpo on July 18 and 19.
https://www.wotn.org/airexpo/
I'd say there is a good chance those birds are headed to Wisconsin the following week...


It looks like they're also performing in Cleveland in early September. I suspect they will be attending a certain airshow in Michigan as well. It makes sense that they would look to capitalize on the trip by making multiple appearances to get the most out of the visit.

Now also confirmed for London Airshow Sept 11-13


They'll also be at Wings by the Wabash, Sep 26-27, Crawford County Airport, Palestine, IL. https://www.facebook.com/Crawford-Count ... 227325356/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:49 pm 
Offline
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 4771
Location: Stratford, CT.
I'm trying to convince my dad to go this year, but I wouldn't be able to take an entire week off for the show. What weekend / days would be better? Beginning of Airventure or the end? Thanks

_________________
Keep Em' Flying,
Christopher Soltis

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: http://warbirdwear.com/

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:12 am
Posts: 783
Location: Just outside of Grosse Ile N.A.S.
Warbird Kid wrote:
I'm trying to convince my dad to go this year, but I wouldn't be able to take an entire week off for the show. What weekend / days would be better? Beginning of Airventure or the end? Thanks


More to see on the ground at the beginning, more flying towards the end. If you can do Wednesday, you should be solid.

_________________
Check out my modeling projects:
http://thestonecuttersguild.tumblr.com/tagged/terrain
RAF blog
https://raframsgate.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:51 pm 
Offline
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 1565
Location: Meriden,Ct.
Chris, you have to see the night show.... :supz:

I usually get there on Tuesday and leave on Friday.

Phil

_________________
A man's got to know his limitations.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group