This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: Not sure, anybody interested?

Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm

sdennison wrote:Well, here we go again...now Photobucket removed the "image" button for posting pictures...now what?

I don't mean to wish ill on anybody, but if Photobucket burned to the ground I would not shed a tear

Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Find another photo hosting outfit that's free and easy to use, etc., I guess ... which is precisely what I'm needing to do. Maybe I shoulda suggested find a good 12 year old to handle the computer stuff? :P

GREAT to see you back here, half the world don't/can't do FB for a variety of perfectly valid reasons. And your shop tip for diving weights has been duly noted - brilliant!! 8)

EDIT: Scott, if PB survives, no question about it, I'm gonna be disappointed in humanity...

Mon May 07, 2018 9:41 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
sdennison wrote:Well, here we go again...now Photobucket removed the "image" button for posting pictures...now what?

I don't mean to wish ill on anybody, but if Photobucket burned to the ground I would not shed a tear

What other image host or format from PB works to post pictures? The "url" format on PB is gone. What are others using? I see the Flikr issues Mark has. Thanks.

Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 pm

OK, here goes trying IMGUR for pics.

Need to replace what the racers removed. These are the outer upper corners to the inlet opening. The racers made a new lower skin and wrapped up to the centerline of these pieces. The top piece with my flexible pattern is off another FG. This is what I need to make.

Then the little attach flange with the four holes needed forming.

Mon May 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Thu May 10, 2018 8:41 am

Just wow. Thanks for sharing!

Tom P.

Wed May 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Probably the first new set of Corsair Dash 4 inlet vanes made in the last 60-70 years...

Thu May 31, 2018 6:26 pm

Scott, I really enjoy your posts and your craftsmanship.

Thanks for sharing. pop1

Andy

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks Andy.

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:14 pm

sdennison wrote:Probably the first new set of Corsair Dash 4 inlet vanes made in the last 60-70 years...

Probably better than anything that came out of the factory as well.

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 pm

Finished and shipped...

Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 am

Great craftsmanship! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:27 pm

Anyone have access to Canadair Mk VI F86 drawings? Thanks in advance.

Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:23 pm

sdennison wrote:Months of work and scans to get it right but it fit like a glove, first time.

You have no idea how relieved I was that they went on with a 'snap fit' - I had been terrified that I screwed something up with lofting scan sections, or goofed dimensions on the surface ground alignment beam I had gotten manufactured, or that the ailerons we were using for reference were themselves incorrect, or that I machined the lead balance weights wrong, or.....

As it turned out, there was a tiny inconsistency or two that probably would have flown under the radar, but our sharp-eyed CNC wizard caught and corrected them, resulting in the best CAD model we knew how to make. He was able then to turn that into G-code, and finally the 'wood whisperer' Marc turned some trees into the final product.

Ailerons secured in the jigs, getting the doublers glued in place.

Fully skinned - what a beautiful piece of work!

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Marc and you guys did an unbelievable job on these. Hope every Corsair owner knocks on the door now.
Post a reply