Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earhart bones
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:40 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

iowa61 wrote:
There are actually many "clues" to Earhart's fate.

Sorry, No clues (only clueless). If there were anything remotely close to reality in direction or location there would be no you and your TIGHER cult for one, two you wouldn't be here on WIX preaching your flawed scientific religion and three these "many clues" would add up to one big discovery. In other words this AE nonsense is horsesh*t plain and simple. She's dead and gone. Time to move on pal and find yourself (and your other obsessive friends) a "living" woman to stalk and fantasize over.

iowa61 wrote:
You still don't grock the Scientific Method but you might be getting there.

Your 'grock' is a 'crock' like in a crock of sh*t ... but you keep dreaming.

iowa61 wrote:
If you find the pursuit of Earhart's fate such a "waste of time," you have an odd way of showing it. Particularly ironic given your demand to be "shown" incontrovertible fact.

Negative! what I find a waste of time is fools such as yourself that show up on a "Warbird" forum preaching your garbage for over 10 pages about scientific BS and wasting space on this site with the same regurgitated crap that is better suited for other obsessive websites, or at the very least buried away somewhere else on this site were only the crackpots hang out. We've been down this road before with some other knuckleheads that finally got the boot. The only thing that is NOT a waste of my time is to continue to lobby for this worthless thread to get locked down and then, what a surprise, you disappear. Unfortunately the mods all must be on their spring break vacations as quite frankly I'm baffled as to why this garbage thread is still alive. But it's not my site so whatever.

Your getting your *ss kicked from all sides on this website and you still come back for more. Your world must suck to live in.

Starting to get it now?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:03 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I might be able to give Jantz a pass if he said he was 99% sure the bones were European female yet he says 99% chance they are Earhart's. Without ever having seen the bones and after two doctors who personally viewed and handled the bones said they were male. If we can raise enough money for another expedition we can probably find her! Your donations are tax deductible!

Scientific methodology IN ACTION! ON TO THE BIGFOOT MYSTERY!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

There is a bigfoot connection, photo expert Glickman apparently said the famous home movie was the real deal.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 am 

JohnB wrote:
There is a bigfoot connection, photo expert Glickman apparently said the famous home movie was the real deal.

He sure did. And after further analysis it was exposed as a man wearing a gorilla suit. Not Jeff Glickman's best work. Then of course he works for TIGHAR, go figure.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/biology/nasi.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:01 am 

PinecastleAAF wrote:
Quote:
Would you ask me for money for one of those quad turrets?

Yeah I normally don't give stuff away I paid money for.....I have to really like someone for that to happen. I salute your Dad. I like to hear stories from guys who used quads in action. Not too long ago I had a visit from a vet that shot down an ME-109 with a M15 with the dual .50's and 37mm autocannon. He said he could hear it coming down the valley his way and knew exactly what it was from the engine sound. He put a 37mm round just in front of the cockpit and the guy went straight in.

Well. That's a coincidence. The guys who provide ocean-going survey vessels and remotely operated submarines--they expect to be paid for the stuff that costs them money. Weird, huh?

Anyway. Dad was Korean Era. His unit was anti-aircraft but ended up using the quad 50s for anti-personnel. He calls it a "devastating weapon." I believe him.

The half-track mounted 37mm auto is new to me. I'll check that out! Thank you. Would not want to get hit with one of those...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 am 

iowa61 wrote:
PinecastleAAF wrote:
Quote:
Would you ask me for money for one of those quad turrets?

Yeah I normally don't give stuff away I paid money for.....I have to really like someone for that to happen. I salute your Dad. I like to hear stories from guys who used quads in action. Not too long ago I had a visit from a vet that shot down an ME-109 with a M15 with the dual .50's and 37mm autocannon. He said he could hear it coming down the valley his way and knew exactly what it was from the engine sound. He put a 37mm round just in front of the cockpit and the guy went straight in.

Well. That's a coincidence. The guys who provide ocean-going survey vessels and remotely operated submarines--they expect to be paid for the stuff that costs them money. Weird, huh?

Anyway. Dad was Korean Era. His unit was anti-aircraft but ended up using the quad 50s for anti-personnel. He calls it a "devastating weapon." I believe him.

The half-track mounted 37mm auto is new to me. I'll check that out! Thank you. Would not want to get hit with one of those...

I thought this was the Earhart Bones topic. May you two can take it to another thread and stay on topic here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:20 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Quote:
The guys who provide ocean-going survey vessels and remotely operated submarines--they expect to be paid for the stuff that costs them money. Weird, huh?

This is why I was so impressed with the go pro on the string they dropped over the side of the boat on the 2012 expedition. Talk about bang for the buck, wow!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:21 am 

So - not having followed this thread because the signal to noise is so low - I take it that the bones were not subjected to DNA comparisons of any sort?

Is there some descendant of the Earhart family that could be used for a comparison?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:19 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Saville wrote:
So - not having followed this thread because the signal to noise is so low - I take it that the bones were not subjected to DNA comparisons of any sort?

Is there some descendant of the Earhart family that could be used for a comparison?

The bones were lost 70 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:06 am 

Interesting opinion piece read on this.

http://www.mvariety.com/cnmi/cnmi-news/ ... lse-claims

Hub

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am 

Saville wrote:

As noted above the bones were lost.

DNA didn't come into play until 1986.

Amelia's sister Grace Muriel Earhart Morrissey gave a DNA sample. She was the only member of Amelia's family left and she died in 1998.

Fred Noonan had no siblings, so no DNA samples have come from his family.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:00 pm 

Will the last guy out please turn off the lights. Wow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

More like the first guy in shouldn’t have turned the lights on ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:39 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

26 years and one day later and this cartoon still sums up the situation perfectly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 am 

Eagleflight wrote:
Saville wrote:

As noted above the bones were lost.

DNA didn't come into play until 1986.

Amelia's sister Grace Muriel Earhart Morrissey gave a DNA sample. She was the only member of Amelia's family left and she died in 1998.

Fred Noonan had no siblings, so no DNA samples have come from his family.

Kyle and Doc Bob - thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next