Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:15 pm 

I am building a 1/8th scale RC Ziroli and plan to model Tootsie. Any help on getting pics of the nose art, color codes, etc. would be great.

Was the nose art on only one side, or both? I only see pics of the left side nose.

Reason I am modeling it is I have had a picture of it that has been hanging up for years and I just love the color of it, even if it isn't military scheme, or even close, I just think it is unique enough to make a good model of.

Also if anyone has dome nice detail pics of the nose gear door, and anything else that would make modeling the plane easier and more scale like would be great.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:32 am 

ACDII wrote:
I am building a 1/8th scale RC Ziroli and plan to model Tootsie. Any help on getting pics of the nose art, color codes, etc. would be great.

Was the nose art on only one side, or both? I only see pics of the left side nose.

Reason I am modeling it is I have had a picture of it that has been hanging up for years and I just love the color of it, even if it isn't military scheme, or even close, I just think it is unique enough to make a good model of.

Also if anyone has dome nice detail pics of the nose gear door, and anything else that would make modeling the plane easier and more scale like would be great.

Look at this YouTube video of Tootsie.

It is from 2011 and not in HD, but you can clearly see that she does not have nose art on the right side.

Good luck with your model,
Eric

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:17 am 

Thanks, I had forgotten about that video, but never caught the beginning. Now if I can only get a clean picture of the nose art.

I notice that it appears to have a few extra windows in it, so have to try to get those as close to scale as possible. Sure wish someone knew the status of her, I found it is still registered, but haven't found any flight history the past couple years.

Are there any B-25 walk arounds that show detail of the gear doors? I know next year I plan to hit a few airshows where there will be some of these, but in the mean time any photos with detail will get me through the winter build on my plane.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:40 am 

This one is from a copyrighted site:

http://www.cloud9photography.us/keyword/old%20airplane%20pictures;north%20american%20b25%20mitchell%20airplane%20pictures;us%20air%20force%20bombers/i-jFqsHSW/A

Eric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:09 am 

From here:

http://bowshrine.com/wwii-fighter-plane-nose-art/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:25 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Ted is a super cool guy, sadly the B-25 is pricey to insure and maintain - and so she has not flown in quite sometime. I would love to have her come to our airshow but the last time I talked to Ted the plane had not had an annual in a couple of years.

Tom P.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:47 pm 

Tootsie is at Carson City Nevada airport, KCXP. I last saw it on display several years ago at their open house which is usually around Father's Day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:15 am 

Is this N201L? If so it used to have a cool exec interior and layout.
Chris...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:19 pm 

ACDII wrote:
Thanks, I had forgotten about that video, but never caught the beginning. Now if I can only get a clean picture of the nose artBt

Are there any B-25 walk arounds that show detail of the gear doors? I know next year I plan to hit a few airshows where there will be some of these, but in the mean time any photos with detail will get me through the winter build on my plane.

Check your PM.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:18 am 

Quote:

My B25 pictures from 2015 Air venture here:
https://kennsmithf2g.smugmug.com/Airplanes/2015-Oshkosh/150719OshkoshBombers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Bit of a resurrection here - who owns "Tootsie" now - I see in the registry that YSM Enterprises ownes her now? And she is not on John's list of active B-25s.. . .

Tom P.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:19 pm 

wendovertom wrote:
Bit of a resurrection here - who owns "Tootsie" now - I see in the registry that YSM Enterprises ownes her now? And she is not on John's list of active B-25s.. . .

Tom P.

I'll ask at the airport tonight and find out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 pm 

Tom, the reason for the registration change is that Tootsie was transferred to a family member. It hasn't gone anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:51 am 

I had forgotten I had started this thread and realize now I don't get notifications if someone posted. Thanks to all who replied. I had put my build on hold until now and getting back into it. I did find a couple good images of the noseart, and Callie Graphics can make me scale graphics for it when ready. Hopefully they can get it PM'd someday and back in the air. Nothing worse for a plane than for it to sit.

I'm currently working on the nacelles and trying to figure out the scoop above the cowl, how far out it sits at 1/8" scale, how wide, how tall. Still searching for some up close images for details, can't really tell from the photo I have on my wall.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

cwmc wrote:
Is this N201L? If so it used to have a cool exec interior and layout.
Chris...

You don't by any chance have any photos of the interior? I'm kinda interested in these exec. conversions.

T J