Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Crazy Craigslister
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

So I've dealt with buying many many things off of Craigslist before, and my continued experiences have been mostly positive.
Until now....... wow

This happened within four days. Friday I sent this woman a message, I didn't respond till Monday. Nothing has been altered.

----------------------------

Hello,

Id like to buy the lamp. Have you put other vintage industrial lamps on Craigslist before?

Hi, No, I have not..when would you like to pick up the lamp? I live on Main Street in Newtown...
regards, joyce

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE EMAIL ABOUT STUFF, YOU SAY YOU WANT TO BUY, ???YOU NEVER ANSWER...

Joyce,

My Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I usually only answer and write emails during the week. I get back when I can. My weekends are quite hectic between many different activities / responsibilities. I don't have much downtime and when I do, I respond.

I understand it can be frustrating when someone doesn't respond immediately but such is the internet, and especially when it's Craigslist. If you expect everyone to reply immediately every time, well I'm afraid you'll be rather disappointed. I certainly wish everyone I emailed would reply ASAP, but they don't. Do I loose sleep over it? No, I move on. I don't expect anybody waiting every minute for a response from me.

And I really would have liked to have bought this lamp, had it not been for your unprofessional tone in this email. Again, apologies if I ruined your weekend.

All the best,
Chris

THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM, TOO MANY PEOPLE ON CRAIGSLIST E-MAIL ME , NEVER RETURN MY E-MAILS, AND THEN SPAM ME FOREVER. I HAVE BEEN SELLING ITEMS STEADILY FOR 6 YEARS ON CRAIGSLIST, SO I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
I AM 'NOT WAITING EVERY MINUTE FOR A RESPONSE FROM YOU' I AM TIRED OF THE SPAMMERS THAT ANSWER THE AD TO GET MY E=MAIL ADDRESS. THERE IS NOTHING UNPROFESSIONAL ABOUT THAT, AND YOU ARE TOO FULL OF YOURSELF TO THINK YOU 'RUINED MY WEEKEND'

Well Joyce, I don't do that. I don't receive your real email from a response, I get the hidden Craigslist email. So I don't understand how you would get spammed. I'm not a spammer and I consider it very unprofessional for you to assume that of me so quickly.

If you are tired of "spammers" then don't use Craigslist. I may not be one of them, but you will never be rid of them. Thats the nature of doing business with this site. You are dealing with people from all walks of life and character. Clearly most are not great. And if your sick of "all this spam" then make a new email. It's not hard you know.

And it is very unprofessional in the manner of how you speak. Just like in real life, you never yell at a stranger when your at a flea market, etc. And just like if we met in person, you'd probably be very nice. But since we're typing behind screens you're able to be anonymously mean.

Your suppose to keep your composure. You clearly understand that capitalizing everything in an email means that your yelling. That's highly offensive in the internet culture if you didn't know.

So I don't answer you after a few days from your response and you automatically assume Im just looking for your email to spam you. And then come at me very aggressively which is again, highly unprofessional. Maybe you don't consider your dealings on Craigslist a business, but I do. I was brought up to treat everyone with respect and dignity, even if they don't deserve it. So I will say this:

I wish you a long and healthy life Joyce.

All the best,
Chris

I GET SPAMMED FROM THE MOMENT I ANSWER SOME LAME PERSON'S REQUEST.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT, GO THE **** AWAY

You are a wonderful person and only deserve the best. I wish nothing but the best for you and your loved ones.

I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOU. I AM EXPLAINING HOW PEOPLE WHO DON'T REALLY WANT TO BUY YOUR STUFF SPAM ME..THEY SAY SONE DUMB **** LIKE 'STILL FOR SALE ?' ...AND AFTER YOU ANSWER THEM, THEY NEVER ANSWER YOU , AND NOW HAVE MY DIRECT E-MAIL TO SPAM ME ONCE I ANSWER THEM. THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
I AM JUST TIRED OF THE MANY SPAMMERS THAT INFEST CRAIGSLIST

And I am explaining to you, that I did want to buy the lamp, had it not been for your anger and unprofessional behavior towards me, which I find highly inappropriate and uncalled for. As I already said, I don't have your direct email, so how would others? All I see from you is:

"de40e777ed463edea972599cbda6844e@reply.craigslist.org"

So forgive me for not knowing how others scam you over. Like I said, if your tired of the dealings with Craigslist, then it may be time for you to call it quits. If it gives you this much frustration, it can't be good for you.

I would never have realized that by answering this CG post, I would become the divining rod for all of your hatred, and disgust, and frustration from Craigslist. Wow. All I wanted was to buy a lamp and didn't get back to you the same day.

Dedicated to the preservation and education of The Sikorsky Memorial Airport

CASC Blog Page: http://ctair-space.blogspot.com/
Warbird Wear: https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/shop

Chicks Dig Warbirds.......right?

Post subject: Re: Crazy Craigslister
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:08 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

I recently called on a Craigslist ad and left a voice-mail message. I got an angry text full of F-words a few minutes later. Apparently someone had posted the ad and used his phone number for something he never owned.

Nice of him to make me an additional victim of the hoax. I hope that made him feel better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:39 am 

Craig's list is the "divining rod" not you. I have to admit that I use to sell a bunch of stuff on it and the buyers 90% turned out to be flakes. I think she went to far and in no way condone her behavior to you, but I can sympathize with her. She should quit like I did.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:43 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I bought a supposedly perfect "this is my daily driver" car last month on CL, and got to the motel and found the reason for the gas smell- leaking fuel line. Never been more scared. Got it onto a Uhaul trailer and got the hell out of there. It's all worked out good, thrilled with the car- only 80k miles . Still, what else that was supposedly done is false? Reciept doesn't match the "new" tires on the car either . Took the high road and didn't blast the guy, the car is otherwise awesome and beautiful. I'm the third owner, the first one was an old guy that barely drove it.