Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:38 pm 

Hi everyone,
I'm newly registered here on WIX, but I've been lurking for a few months now. Anyways, I've recently been put in charge of selling of quite the model collection and I figured WIX would be a good place to start. I would estimate there are at least 500+ kits, spanning from 1/24 to 1/72 if not smaller (I haven't even opened half of the storage boxes containing models). I've seen kits from the 70's up to the early 2000's, so there's no lack of variety.

So, if you're looking for something in particular, want to purchase a random bundle, or even a bundle of something particular, don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I'd be happy to write down a list of what you're looking for and see what I can find when I'm up at the hanger where the kits are stored. Like I said, I can also do random bundles, perhaps of a certain size or vintage.

Here's what I currently have with me at home. I've got about 30 models here, and this made the tiniest scratch on the surface of some of the models that are stacked up; the amount of models is truly amazing.

If you see anything here you're interested in, have any questions or requests, please feel free to contact me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:35 am 

I've been looking for a Monogram 1/32 scale F-51D Mustang from the 1970's. It has retractable landing gear, bombs that drop, and a sliding canopy. It's not the part clear one that was also made. My Dad and I built this when I was a young gun in the 70's and I would like to build this with my boys. I'm not sure of the year of issue but remember the box cover had a picture of the model which had a yellow propeller hub and tips. Also, it said F-51 along with U.S. Airforce decals.......
I'm not in a hurry for this but if you find it in one of your many boxes that would be awesome for I would be able to carry on a tradition started by my Dad!
Thank you for informing the public of your collection.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:34 pm 

Do you have Modelcraft's P-82G Twin Mustang?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:27 pm 

Dad_d_o wrote:
I've been looking for a Monogram 1/32 scale F-51D Mustang from the 1970's. It has retractable landing gear, bombs that drop, and a sliding canopy. It's not the part clear one that was also made. My Dad and I built this when I was a young gun in the 70's and I would like to build this with my boys. I'm not sure of the year of issue but remember the box cover had a picture of the model which had a yellow propeller hub and tips. Also, it said F-51 along with U.S. Airforce decals.......
I'm not in a hurry for this but if you find it in one of your many boxes that would be awesome for I would be able to carry on a tradition started by my Dad!
Thank you for informing the public of your collection.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. I know that I have seen some 1/24 kits, I don't recall the brand, but they're comprised of your mainstream fighters (109, P51, ETC). Let me know if you can think of anything else you might like to build.

fritzthefox wrote:
Do you have Modelcraft's P-82G Twin Mustang?

I haven't seen it, but like I said, I haven't even been through a quarter of the models yet. I'll keep an eye out for it.

And to those who have PM'd me, unfortunately I don't have PM privileges yet. I'll see if I can get a few more posts in and respond to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:09 am 

PM sent!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:03 am 

N77657 wrote:
PM sent!

Received! As soon as I've got PM privileges I'll get back to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 am 

Time to start Ebaying.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 am 

How about a 1:48 or 1:72 EC-121 SuperConnie (aka Willy Victor)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:46 am 

I would be interested in the Ki-9 by Nichimo if still available?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 am 

The Ki-9 is being sold on ebay. Look here. Save the seller ID (A35plt) in favorites, That's me, these are my kits and I will be selling them all off over the next few weeks.
see here:

Hello all,
I will be selling over 350+ kits, books old and new and a rare Renwal Visible radial aircraft engine on ebay in the coming weeks. I will be listing the kits in lots of 40-50 at a time in the mixed lots section of military aircraft.
If you are interested please save my seller ID and ebay should send you updates as things are listed.
Kits:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT
Renwal Radial Engine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MESE:IT

Thanks, Robert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:36 pm 

Is the 1/48 Testors U2R still available?

And do you have anything PBM Mariner related?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:12 pm 

I would be interested in WWI fighter bi-planes in 1/48 scale.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:16 am 

Am looking for a Hobby craft 1/32 P-51 Mk Ia if you have one.

Cheers

Jason