This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Who me? A funny thing on WIX

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Lestweforget just gave me a good laugh, and I needed it. On my topic about Mustangdriver, he agrees with me, then says, Mr. Greenwood, have you ever thought about becoming a moderator?

That is one of the funnier things I have read on WIX. In the first place, I am one guy, who some people are often calling on the powers that be to get me kicked off, or at least my topics blocked. I haven't seen as much whining as usual lately from the 3 or 4 guys who've done it in the past, but maybe they are saving it up, or it is just that I haven't been on much lately. Maybe if Scott had a great sense of humor he would have appointed me a Mod on April 1 without any other notice or comment, and see who caught on. If we had an open WIX vote on me as a mod, the no side would probably get more votes, including mine, than the Iranian dictator.

Since I barely believe in censorship, maybe for personal attacks or outright lies, and think open discussion gives the most interest; my heart would not be in it. And I'd rather correct or counter most of those, than just silence them.

It would be like Sara Palin reading a newspaper or Charles Barkley teaching golf.
And if I really had to do it and try to be fair and do an honest job it would be a lot of work for no pay. And I sure would not want to do the slanted job as some have done in the past. It is a little like being White House spokesman, (any of them), hard to be honest while pushing the party line, and stay a nice guy.
Last edited by Bill Greenwood on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Who me? A funny thing on WIX

Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm

They're looking for a guest co-host on the wix program on warbird radio this Wednesday PM 8) :shock: :? :P

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Bill Greenwood wrote:Lestweforget just gave me a good laugh, and I needed it. On my topic about Mustangdriver, he agrees with me, then says, Mr. Greenwood, have you ever thought about becoming a moderator?

That is one of the funnier things I have read on WIX. In the first place, I am one guy, who some people are often calling on the powers that be to get me kicked off, or at least my topics blocked. I haven't seen as much whining as usual lately from the 3 or 4 guys who've done it in the past, but maybe they are saving it up, or it is just that I haven't been on much lately. Maybe if Scott had a great sense of humor he would have appointed me a Mod on April 1 without any other notice or comment, and see who caught on. If we had an open WIX vote on me as a mod, the no side would probably get more votes, including mine, than the Iranian dictator.

Since I barely believe in censorship, maybe for personal attacks or outright lies, and think open discussion gives the most interest; my heart would not be in it. And I'd rather correct or counter most of those, than just silence them.

It would be like Sara Palin reading a newspaper or Charles Barkley teaching golf.
And if I really had to do it and try to be fair and do an honest job it would be a lot of work for no pay. And I sure would not want to do the slanted job as some have done in the past. It is a little like being White House spokesman, (any of them), hard to be honest while pushing the party line, and stay a nice guy.

Sitting here my head hurting like HE11 from an infection, & I read this. Now my head is killing me cause I am laughing my a$$ off :shock: :badpc: :rolleyes: :supz:
Thanks Bill & Lestweforget................I needed that 8)

Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:30 pm

Im in the hospital so it must be the drugs!!! :D

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

I'm healthy as a horse, but what Robbie said, otherwise. I vote Bill! Jeff, get your @$$ outa the hospital -- you liked to died on us last time you were there, try BARS!! :shock: :lol:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Bill:

It's good to have you posting again

WIX just keeps getting more interesting with each new posting.

THANKS

Steve

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Man I love this place! :D :drinkers:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Pogo wrote:I'm healthy as a horse, but what Robbie said, otherwise. I vote Bill! Jeff, get your @$$ outa the hospital -- you liked to died on us last time you were there, try BARS!! :shock: :lol:

You mean BARS Leak? The radiator hole plugger stuff???? :shock:

Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Diet Coke, meet keyboard and monitor. (We should have an emoticon for that.)

Nice to hear from you as always, Bill - how's the Spitfire coming along?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Now, now Bill, don't talk about our next president like that.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:44 pm

You really think Sir Charles will get elected President? Couldn't be any worse.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:14 am

I am glad this was taken the way it was intended! Jeff and Robbie, I wish you a speedy recovery. We all need a little humour to get us throught the day in my opinion! Lifes too short not to laugh! :D

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 am

Ober
You know that's not who I meant :)

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

Bill Greenwood wrote:

Or like Barack Obama doing something for the betterment of America....

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's Sarah btw.

:D

Rich

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 am

richkolasa wrote:
Bill Greenwood wrote:

Or like Barack Obama doing something for the betterment of America....

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's Sarah btw.

:D

Rich

Post a reply