Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 am 
DaveM2 wrote:
Scott

You know all the 'old hands' that are left on here are fully behind you and that the site has overcome the few #@@^*! who have tried to bring it down previously by bringing their :bs: and self serving agendas to the site. Don't let the latest 'bunch' undo some eight years and more of hard and dedicated work that have made this forum head and shoulders above the rest for all things WARBIRD.

Dave

Brilliant post Dave .... that really helps the matter here, we're ALL trying to get better and be more respectful, can you try with us as well?, you really don't need to bash anyone like you just did .... try to take my advice and try to just shut up with the rest of us and start being friendly!!!! Can you try that with us? You'll ba amazed at how fast things get back on WARBIRDS if you do Dave .... please!!! .... cripes!!!!

Scott you might as well lock this one, I can see where this one is heading.

Last edited by Hellcat on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

You have spouted off long and hard, so give the rest of us a chance to show our support for Scott and the site :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:36 am 
DaveM2 wrote:
You have spouted off long and hard, so give the rest of us a chance to show our support for Scott :roll:

Well then support him Dave, and stop bashing people in the process. Why don't you come in for the "big win" like the rest of us? .... What movie was that from? ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:50 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Why don't you come in for the "big win" like the rest of us? .... What movie was that from? ... :wink:[/quote]

Full Metal Jacket. A lot of good lines in that movie, ya just can't post most of em in public. :shock: :D :D

Glad to see we have a lot of support for Scott. I am on board for "The Big Win" 8)
Robbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:41 am 

Scott - it's your forum and you have my full support for whatever you have to do to keep in on track. I, too, would hate to see WIX be shut down. At 'em tiger!

Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:29 pm 

Hi Scott,
Although I've been interested in warbirds, and aviation in general, for a good many years, I've only been a WIXer for a few months. I hit your site daily, even on vacation if I can get on the ol' internet. I have learned so much about warbirds via this site. Thank you for this site. I selfishly hope that WIX outlasts me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I didnt realize things had become so bad as I tend to just ignore "stuff" and read only what interests me. Who got banned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:35 pm 
Aerial Pirate

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
Thanks for the support all.

So for those of you that support this then I appreciate it. For those of you that don't, find someplace else to soil.

I watched a Mod get beat up the other day by a couple of vocal people, and felt sorry for the guy, as he was just trying to put stuff where he thought it belonged. As I have for some time now I stayed out of it.

Scott, as always, thanks for keeping this site alive, it is very much appreciated. Without this site, I would find myself very alone at the Thunder Over Michigan shows I attend each year, as I'm not exactly a local to the area. I've met a bunch of great people on this site, and continue to do so. It even saved me $$ last year by sharing a motel room for three days. Jerry O' has helped me out tremendously at one of my local shows here, which never would have happened without WIX, and Jerry of course.

I've been able to tie a lot of loose ends up on some of my research, and been able to hook up with people that travel out this way, such as Reno, Chino and S.F. Yoiur Vintage board has really expanded this past year, as more people have put it to use. I wouldn't even know what Classic Wings or Warbirds Digest were, had it not been for this site.

Keep up the good work, do what you have to do to keep it in line.......

We must limit politicians to two terms:
one in office and one in jail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:18 pm 

Scott, I just want to thank you for this outstanding forum. You do whatever you feel is needed. I have found that the delete button has served me well. I have fallen victim to some of the baiting that goes on here and after reading the response I have written I just hit delete instead of submit and feel much better. :)

Now it is time to find that paypal link and send a thank you for your maintaining of this site.

Added: That was easy, $50 sent. Thanks again.

Les

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:43 pm 

Bravo!!!!!!! Scott!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:47 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I normally never post along those lines..................................

But here it goes.

There are plenty of myshrink.com or voiceyourpoliticalvoice.com forums out there.

Here is NOT such a place and do should not be usef for such.

Thank you again Scott for your patience.

Back on topic please :roll:

Tks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:08 pm 

Scott,
I also would like to say a big thank you for having this site. With work lately (more like past six months) I haven't been on here much but I still ty to see what is going on. This site is my number one source of info about what is going and I do greatly appreciate it. By the way, I promise I will get to those updates for you real soon since it looks like work will get back to normal after this week.

Thanks for everything you do Scott and the Mods,

Life Member EAA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 am 

Scott
I had you pull me off of WIX last year for the same reason . I was new to WIX and was shot down on most everything I posted. I decided to come back with the attitude to let that kind of stuff roll off my back, and have enjoyed being back. I love this site because I can learn a lot of things I didn't know. Meet people make friends and enjoy learning. Keep up the good work, and send the bad packing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Scott thanks for giving us a place to hang and B.S. about warbirds. I know I get fired up from time to time, but it usually is about warbirds. I hope I never come off as attacking anyone here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

scott.......... it's your site. like anything, it takes a few schmucks to ruin things for the majority. this place is a haven for me, & countless others. to be a cop every time you get on must suck royally. just broom the bad dirt, enjoy your site & work & call it a day. i've stirred a few bee hives over the years too, but never without an apology. these prima donnas / trouble makers don't know squat, nor do i, as i'm still learning since 1972, & learn every time i sit at this desk. my dad.... god bless him, always said keep your ears open & your keester shut.. i hope this all works out & that you can enjoy your hard work many more times.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next