Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:09 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I was just reading a copy of the Service Letter that was issued in the middle of last month. I knew that parker had stopped making pumps a while ago. I also knew that they were life limited. This was a good read.

The Letter states that in the next 30 days you must inspect your air pump and if it is made by Parker/Airborne it must be removed immediately. The reason being that parker pumps have a 6 year life limit and parker stopped making pumps in 2002. I had seen a few standby pumps over the years that were let slide because they were only used for backup and didnt get used very often, and also did not have any time meter. I had gotten used to looking up the date coded serial number while doing annuals, but no need for that anymore, they are all done!

I have it in a PDF file, and I couldnt copy and paste it , but I can send you a copy if interested.

Post subject: letter
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:22 pm 
Probationary Member

I got the same letter and I believe I am correct that this letter is driven by their liability concerns and has no basis in fact; nor does it carry any legal weight such as an AD issued by the FAA would. As for overhauled pumps, I think there is no evidence provided by Parker to support their claim that the OH pump must not be used or is more likely to fail. Aviation Consumer has written about this issue, also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:54 pm 

If you're flying part 91, the life limits are merely a recommendation by Parker. This is the same as a TBO by an engine manufacturer, your cahonies are your yardstick.
I replaced a Lycoming on a Piper that went 3300 hrs, and the only reason that we changed it was the owner was going to Mexico, and didn't trust the engine. Compressions were strong, oil samples had low contamination, and consumption was low

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 am 

Hello Friends,

I have to buy an air pump. Actually, a few days ago I bought an air pump but it is not working properly. I just want to buy a new one. Which should I buy? Kindly help me.

Thanks