Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

N.A.A. lapel pins

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:53 pm

I acquired these three lapel pins yesterday.

Of interest, the bird is heading in a different direction in one of them, and two of the pins have the letter "K" [Kansas??] on them.

One of them has blue enamel.

Does anyone here, know more about the meaning behind these variations?

Saludos,

Tulio

Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:28 pm

Tulio,

I have 2 NAA pins one is like the blue one you have, the other has a red stone in the center. My dad had both of these in his NAA tool box.

I think the "K" is indeed Kansas, I have a cloth patch with a "T" in the center...for Texas that is part of my dad's stuff.

I don't know if there is any meaning to the left or right facing bird. On most NAA logos the bird faces right.

Cool to see the K stamp.

Zane

Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:30 am

Thank you, Zane.

Wild guess time, probably the enameled pin was meant for, let's say, management, and the plain brass for the general employees?

Interesting stuff.

Saludos,

Tulio

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:36 am

I've got some notes somewhere...... and also in my collection of the NAA "Skyline" journals I have some data....

K indeed is for Kansas

there were many variations - they also were called service pins - and depending on the duration of the employment, such pins were also adorned with different gemstones.

I recall such with a blue stone in the center, or with three red stones (rubys ?) in the corners - those with stones usually were golden, others appeared to be silver...., some (simple ones) wre brass

okay, I am rambling - let's get out those notes first.

Saludos
Martin

here are two blue ones - one is for 3 years service, the other one IIRC for one year:

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:53 am

a nice variation - 10K gold with white stone as pendant instead of pin

Martin

Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:56 am

just found a good reference online:

http://www.xb-70.com/hobby/naa_pins/

...back to work :roll:

Martin

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:42 pm

martin, are you going to post those p-61 morotai pics soon?? thanks, tom

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:16 am

Thank you all!

Tulio

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 pm

Tulio's post got me interested in these NAA pins.
I started searching for them and so far have collected this one.
The pin has a screw back and is small, only 1" across.
The back indicates it's sterling silver.

Can anybody tell me more about it?

Thanks.
Bill

Re: N.A.A. lapel pins

Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Tulio wrote:I acquired these three Custom Lapel Pins yesterday.

Of interest, the bird is heading in a different direction in one of them, and two of the pins have the letter "K" [Kansas??] on them.

One of them has blue enamel.

Does anyone here, know more about the meaning behind these variations?

Saludos,

Tulio

Hi Tulio,
sorry! but i am unable to see your images. Could you plz PM me.
Post a reply