Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Lockheed data plate

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello,
I recently picked up a Lockheed data plate. (Please see attached photo.) Most data plates seem to be accompanied with specific aircraft data. This one, as you can see, just has the (old) Lockheed logo. Where did Lockheed attach these data plates?

I've tried cycling through various Lockheed "cockpit" and "aircraft interior" photos. I can identify the manufacturer's data plate, but can't pinpoint the location of the data plate in question.

The data plate in question is approximately 1 1/2" by 3" and appears to be aluminum. (Not even sure I should be calling it a data plate since there is no "data.") Anyway, look forward to hearing back from members of the board.
Attachments
Lockheed.jpg

Re: Lockheed data plate

Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 am

Short answer is, as you say, (since it has no data on it) it isn't a data plate.

I suspect it was fitted to civilian aircraft, somewhere near the flight deck on the right-hand side.
Post a reply