Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Landslide numbers to contemplate-

Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:27 pm

The rain induced landslide at Oso, WA. (they have received 12 inches of rain since March 1st) has produced some mind boggling statistics. The mud in the 1 square mile area of Oso is between 30 and 90 feet deep in slide material. Numbers of missing vary widely, but here are some jaw dropping numbers.
In 45 seconds, enough material came off the cliff face like a wave of wet cement to cover 500 standard U.S. Football fields. Boeing's Everett facility, the worlds largest building, covers about 1.7 million square feet or about 75 football fields. Enough material to build over three Hoover Dams is now in the 'Stilly'. The closest other natural disaster on this scale in the U.S. was Mt. St. Helens (and it's 34th anniversary is coming up on May 18, better go find my Jimmy Buffett 'Volcano' CD).
As far as I know no one I know is involved, but it boggles the mind to see the devastation to a nice little community in a green treed valley that belonged on an insurance agents hand out calendar.
Post a reply