Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Topic locked

CY hits one out of the park....

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:24 am

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/04/612938 ... rt-as.html

Without passing judgment in anyway shape or form, this story talks about a lot of things except WHY or HOW he didn't pay $28,000 in homeowner's association fees.

Go figure....

Mark H

Re: CY hits one out of the park....

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 am

I love how his wife chimes in at the bottom about the Broughton trial. Yeah, like she was even around for that....

Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 am

"The defendants’ attorney Michael Thomas argued in his brief that the Yeagers’ properties were never annexed to the association and that the couple has not requested nor have they ever received any services from it."

The WHY is the same old story that's been battled in courts for years and years when it comes to homeowners associations. Most housing communities that require membership to a homeowners association usually have a pretty buttoned up tight set of membership rules and regulations along with very detailed membership obligations. If there's ever a need to battle it out in a courtroom it's usually because of freeloading and fraudulent members and/or a poorly documented and managed homeowners association. Unfortunately this is quite common on both sides.

Of course Yeager's ego probably doesn't help matters in this case. Good luck!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:16 pm

And other than allowing the haters to hate, what does this have to do with warbirds?

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Tim Savage wrote:I love how his wife chimes in at the bottom about the Broughton trial. Yeah, like she was even around for that....

I'm not a particular "fan" of Gen Yeager but as someone who knows a bit about Jax Broughton from personal association with him I can tell you that what Yeager did in the Broughton case constitutes perhaps the single incident involving Yeager with which I am in total and unabashed agreement.
Jax in my opinion is representative of the finest of the officer corps. I can think of no man alive who has more of my personal respect.
Dudley Henriques

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 pm

mustangdriver wrote:And other than allowing the haters to hate, what does this have to do with warbirds?

Correct you are on the 'Warbird' thing, as for the 'hate' thing? just to be clear on my own behalf I don't hate the guy as I don't know him and I don't think about him enough to hate him. The 'Ego' thing has been proven I would be safe to state though ... has it not?

If he tried not to pay his association fees, rent, lease, mortgage, contract agreements at one of my places? Well then I'd start to hate him, only fair :wink:

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Tim Savage wrote:I love how his wife chimes in at the bottom about the Broughton trial. Yeah, like she was even around for that....

I'm not a particular "fan" of Gen Yeager but as someone who knows a bit about Jax Broughton from personal association with him I can tell you that what Yeager did in the Broughton case constitutes perhaps the single incident involving Yeager with which I am in total and unabashed agreement.
Jax in my opinion is representative of the finest of the officer corps. I can think of no man alive who has more of my personal respect.
Dudley Henriques

Dudley: You and I are in complete agreement on the Boughton issue and Yeager's involvement. My comment was more directed at the fact that I have been told by many that some of nonsense the good General has afflicted on members of the warbird movement has been supposedly instigated by her involvement....whether it is true or not I cannot say. I just found her comment in the article somewhat funny..as if she was there when it all happened.

No question that Yeager stood up for Broughton as others should have...

Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 pm

Tim Savage wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:

Dudley Henriques

Dudley: You and I are in complete agreement on the Boughton issue and Yeager's involvement. My comment was more directed at the fact that I have been told by many that some of nonsense the good General has afflicted on members of the warbird movement has been supposedly instigated by her involvement....whether it is true or not I cannot say. I just found her comment in the article somewhat funny..as if she was there when it all happened.

No question that Yeager stood up for Broughton as others should have...

I understand. :-))
DH

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:46 pm

mustangdriver wrote:And other than allowing the haters to hate, what does this have to do with warbirds?

Welch was first!!! :twisted:

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Only after Gustav Whitehead flew the B-32 to the moon.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:31 pm

He, he, this thread should be renamed "Chris bait"!. Nothing brings him out like Yeager talk! I still have some Yeager art for you Chris, I'm just to lazy to box it up for you...

Chunks

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:46 pm

HAHA Gets me every time!!!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:37 am

Whitehead never flew a B-32 to the Moon.
mustangdriver wrote:Only after Gustav Whitehead flew the B-32 to the moon.

He did fly a rather nice looking airplane with a proven Lilienthal wing design around Fairfield County, Connecticut. Around 2 years before those other guys from Ohio did...

:pirate :f4u: :pirate

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:10 am

Gustav Whitehead is the only person to ever land on runway 37.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:58 am

mustangdriver wrote:Gustav Whitehead is the only person to ever land on runway 37.

Must be a runway 37 on the moon! :D
Topic locked