Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Pearl Harbor: after the tours have gone.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:42 pm

May God bless their souls and may they RIP
Pearl Harbor: After the tours have gone.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MgE2KiPd3x ... detailpage

Re: Pearl Harbor: after the tours have gone.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm

Very moving, thanks.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Thank you for the link. Very touching!

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:04 am

1bdvet wrote:May God bless their souls and may they RIP
Pearl Harbor: After the tours have gone.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/MgE2KiPd3x ... detailpage

Thanks for sharing link.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:30 am

fair winds and following seas, RIP

I remember one time on watch on the fantail while in Pearl, we could see the Arizona Memorial from our dock. I was on the Gang Plank Petty Officer Watch, and got to see one of these ceremonies. I called up the Officer of the Day because I wasn't sure what was going on at the memorial to start with. When we realized everything was fine and there was no security alert, my OOD called down into the ship to let the rest of the crew aboard still to come out and honor the ceremony as well.

I remember coming into port, upset because I was stuck with that first shift, a lot of us were on that shift. When all of us were on the flightdeck, and after, talking to each other about family that served, friends, who had passed as well. All of us felt blessed to be on duty that day.

We even put it in our ship's log that we had witnessed the procession, with his name too even.

it was an incredibly moving experience...
Post a reply