Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

FAA to close 149 towers

Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 pm

The FAA on March 22 announced the 149 federal contract towers that will be closing as a result of sequestration. The impacted towers will close over a four-week period beginning April 7. The agency has not yet released the specific dates of closures but has said it will release more information over the coming weeks. According to the FAA, of the 189 federal contract towers initially considered for closure, 24 will remain open, as well as 16 FAA contract tower cost share sites that must remain open because they receive some congressional funds.

http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/articles/2 ... sures.html

Re: FAA to close 149 towers

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:00 pm

This start of thing to come. Just watch the news, it's not going to better.

Re: FAA to close 149 towers

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 pm

As I undestand it many of the small airports are just taking over the towers and paying for the staff. There are to many operators with 7 figurs jets that will not allow their FBO to become compromised for safety. The cost will become a part of doing business.
Post a reply