Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Our big nuclear threat...

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Maybe they aren't such a threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... X8oW_qS5E#!

Re: Our big nuclear threat...

Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:06 pm

The German person on the street in WW2 was not a threat either, their government was. The lady who just wanted to die was very sad. Obviously their government has not done well for them by any measure, at least for the people interviewed. You never know how this might have been skewed by the filmmaker to make his point though.

Very thought provoking film though.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:45 pm

There's certainly some merit to the quote ...

"Cast aside politics and religion, for we are all brothers and sisters, all part of the same collective consciousness, wishing for the same thing: Peace and Love for their fellow man..."

Imagine a world obsession not of power and riches but one of Caring and Compassion. Imagine that ...

Very thoughtful thread Clay

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Wish there were some way to harness the energy of the people in the street in a way that could disarm the crazies in the palaces.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:42 pm

Failing that you understand why "great leaders" find gun control so compelling...

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Plenty of guns in Afghanistan and Pakistan. And Somolia. And Ethiopia. And Chechnya. Only rarely do the guns owned by the people in a country actually make a difference in a civil conflict. Claiming you need guns to protect yourself from your government is silly. Usually the frevolution has to be supplied by someone outside the country in order to overthrow their government...I can count on the fingers of one hand truly successful armed revolutions supplied from within a country (in the modern era) and they usually get them from the government then, like Iran did. And there wasn't really any protracted combat in Iran. Just mobs in the street. Egypyt, Lybia, same. The people stood up and said no more, and the guys with the guns broke or sided with the mobs. Of course, what happens after the mobs stand up isn't always so pleasant...

I think truly successful revolutions today have to be peaceful. Ghandi had it right, imo. But what do I know? :wink:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:15 am

... "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." JFK ... This quote also has some merit to it. Of course it also is dependant on what Country you live in.

What most Countries suffer far worse than Corporate corruption and misleading Government is a broad infestation of ignorance and apathy among it's citizenship. If your unaware of what's wrong, you won't be able to fix it, if you care not what's wrong, your compelled to continue to live it.

What this Country suffers from is a lack of real and true understanding of just what are the issues that has caused so many problems for so many years. There's no excuse for not being properly prepared and informed during election years. Too many voters tend to choose elected officials on the basis of popularity as opposed to substance. We usually have no one to blame but ourselves for the politicians we elect to office.

Thus endeth my one and only 'political' post. :wink:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:03 am

muddyboots wrote:Maybe they aren't such a car parts threat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... X8oW_qS5E#!

We need to save energy but there is no solution for nuclear energy. it is the best source but under controlled hands
Post a reply