Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Anyones Birthday Today?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:55 pm

It's my birthday today! Anyone else? Anyone close to this date? By statistics for every 23 people there is a 50% chance 2 will same the same birthday..Given that there are 7550 WIX members, 328 should have the same birthday. So there should be around 328 posts here! pop1

Re: Anyones Birthday Today?

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Happy Birthday Buddy! :drink3:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Mine's Thursday, does that count?
Happy Birthday!
:drinkers:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:47 pm

HawkerTempestMKII wrote:It's my birthday today! Anyone else? Anyone close to this date? By statistics for every 23 people there is a 50% chance 2 will same the same birthday..Given that there are 7550 WIX members, 328 should have the same birthday. So there should be around 328 posts here! pop1

you are either a wizz w/ statistics & math or you are very bored!! either way have a happy birthday. i will light your cake candles!! :crispy:

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Actually if there are 7550 Wix members and their birthdays are evenly distributed over the 365 possible dates, you would expect about 21 to be having a birthday on any given day.

August

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:45 pm

August wrote

Actually if there are 7550 Wix members and their birthdays are evenly distributed over the 365 possible dates, you would expect about 21 to be having a birthday on any given day.

August:

Wrong answer! it's exponential look here:

http://betterexplained.com/articles/und ... paradox%2F

See the interactive example

Somewhere around 100-200 people will yield 21 matches.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 pm

My answer was correct. You have the right answer to the wrong question. The question I answered was, how many wixers likely have the same birthday as you. Because the date of your birth is fixed, exponents don't enter into it.

August

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Happy birthday! Not sure if this is close enough, but mine's the 9th. On a related note, my best friend's is the 8th of the same year.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 am

August wrote:

My answer was correct. You have the right answer to the wrong question. The question I answered was, how many wixers likely have the same birthday as you. Because the date of your birth is fixed, exponents don't enter into it.

August that can't be right:

Explain the birthday paradox, why a 1/365 chance produces a 50/50 chance 2 people in a room of 23 will have the same birthday? According to you a 1/365 chance would require at least 183 people in a room to get 2 with the same birthday.

Run it through the program on this page and see for yourself:

http://betterexplained.com/articles/und ... paradox%2F
Last edited by HawkerTempestMKII on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 am

Not sure how much warbird information is being exchanged here but it does show how important investigation is in life (and restoration just to relate this to warbirds). The birthday paradox says that if you put 23 people in a room there is a 50/50 shot of two of them having the same birthday, not the same birthday as you. :D

http://io9.com/5825781/the-birthday-paradox

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 am

Deuelly wrote:

Not sure how much warbird information is being exchanged here but it does show how important investigation is in life (and restoration just to relate this to warbirds). The birthday paradox says that if you put 23 people in a room there is a 50/50 shot of two of them having the same birthday, not the same birthday as you.

http://io9.com/5825781/the-birthday-paradox

Ok, that's what I was just thinking. So that narrows down the odds to less than what I thought.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:22 am

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 am

1bdvet wrote:Image

I'm not really a Disney guy, but that doesn't matter. Thanks, I appreciate it. :drink3:
Post a reply