Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Here we go again. the price of gasoline is soaring

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm

Its up here 50 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks!
Last edited by Pat Carry on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Here we go again. the price of gasoline is soaring again

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 pm

Now the news is saying it's on the rise because the U.S. economy is on the rise and other countries are noticing this? :? :shock:

The way I look at it is any reason they can use they will!

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:04 pm

In my opinion gas price manipulation is one of the biggest scams of the last 8-9 years. Prices are completely decoupled from any reasonable supply vs. demand model. It's a joke.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 pm

PinecastleAAF wrote:In my opinion gas price manipulation is one of the biggest scams of the last 8-9 years. Prices are completely decoupled from any reasonable supply vs. demand model. It's a joke.

I quite agree with you. There is a lot of oil and gas biz where I work, and we try to keep an eye on the price of a barrel of oil and a gallon of gas. For at least the last several years they have been disconnected. I fully believe that the price of a gallon of gas is set on an arbitrary basis by speculators in New York (and other market cities) that have no relation to, or not even any contact with, the oil industry. It is all smoke and mirrors. And we end up paying for it.

JMC

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am

Do you have any idea how this price manipulation or arbitrary pricing is accomplished?

August

Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:00 pm

All excellant points. No doubt about it being a scam!
Post a reply