Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Re: Citroen B14 of 1928 restoration

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi,
Time flies, and I realize I don't posted update in the last few months.

The car is now running and we already did a few small hope to check everything is fine and for me to learn to drive this car (very different than a modern one)
So, last week-end, we celebrate the "first chapter of the restoration : bringing the car to running condition" by opening a bottle of champagne.

Still lot of work ahead: building seats at the back of the car, the top/roof to paint, various gauges currently inop and propably the engine who will require a partial or complete overhaul in midterm. The restoration will be slowed a bit in the coming months as my wife and me are in the process of do building our house. Different challenge but no easier ;-)

On this pictures, the car in the queue for one of its three technical check.

Regards

Loïc
Last edited by Iclo on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:36 pm

That looks great! At least now the project is smaller.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:26 am

Hi,

Now, I could understand a bit more the feeling of warbird owners when their precious bird make a belly landing.
As we lost a wheel yesterday...

The situation is a bit similar : securing the poor damager thing, putting it back on her legs, transporting to its "home" and accessing the damages with a few "non politicaly correct" words
In our case, we are a bit lucky : expect some mecanical parts damaged who could be sourced with a bit of search, the car is relatively undamaged.

No a good day, but of course, when you decide to play with 1:1 scale collection cars you have to accept the related problems.

Regards

Iclo

Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:26 pm

It happens to all of us at some point. I had a throttle return spring snap on me, That made life interesting for about 30 seconds while I was trying to figure out why my car was running away from me. Luckily, I kicked the clutch and killed the motor before I got into too much trouble. I managed to move a spring from the choke to the throttle return and limped the car home.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Sorry to hear about your setback. Luckily only metal was injured! Do you know why the wheel fell off?

Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:44 pm

bdk wrote:Do you know why the wheel fell off?

We probably found the cause : on this car the "critical bolts" are not protected by wiring, pin or special bolds with nylon ring preventing them to become loose, or other modern solution.

So, there a various small metal part designerd to be "bent" against the bolt to block it.
This part mounted wich the big bolt who assemble the hub failed (probably be mounted and unmounted a few times), lost a small part, the remaining metal bent against the bold didn't have enough streng to retain the nuts and... the wheel started its own life and tried to outstrip us.

I received the required parts to be replaced, just hoping our inspection didn't miss something and nothing else is broken. I will start to disassemble the remaining parts of the hub tommorow, we will see.

Thanks for the interest.
Regards

Loic

Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm sure that isn't the first time that has happened! :wink:
Post a reply