Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

What's with all the Kitchen posts?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Shouldn't a mod delete them?

Re: What's with all the Kitchen posts?

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm not sure why kitchens. It's sort of weird. We try and get them as we see them but the shear scale of them is difficult. I just deleted nearly 200 accounts this morning and it took me about 3 hours to get through them all.

I really would like to know why English kitchens? :P

Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:I'm not sure why kitchens. It's sort of weird. We try and get them as we see them but the shear scale of them is difficult. I just deleted nearly 200 accounts this morning and it took me about 3 hours to get through them all.

I really would like to know why English kitchens? :P

Are we facing an invasion of British Chef's? :vom: :vom: :toimonster:(oxymoronic statement).
What's his face Ramsey is unwatchable, I keep hoping he'll have an aneurysm and we can watch crap squirt out his ears-

Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Scott: The easiest way to handle this is to set all new users to have all posts go to a moderated que, until you and/or the mods are certain that they are valid posters. Give all the mods access to the posts and they can pass thru the ones that are valid. That would severely decrease your task and cut down on the time required for you clean out the spammers. It would also kill having to go delete threads, as they would never get thru.

The alternate would be to use the "ban IP" section and ban any account from the ip that the spammer has been using. Unfortunately, this is a powerful tool and has the potential to catch non-spammers and prevent them from posting if they happen to be on the same ip.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm not sure WIX has the ability to do it but a text scrambler might help as well.
Post a reply