Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:05 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

FYI, the Hot Rod TV episode debuts on this Saturday on SPEED.

Visit Django Studios online or Facebook!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:21 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Check out the ball that these big name NASCAR folks are having with the Raybestos GTO in the beautiful original road course in Watkins Glen NY this past weekend! My partner Kevin and Josh from Raybestos are about 100 miles from home as I type this, and are still getting 17 mpg there and back.

Video here! http://inr.synapticdigital.com/Affinia/Raybestos/

NASCAR Stars Drive 700HP Raybestos ‘64 GTO-R at Watkins Glen
As a fun kickoff to the Watkins Glen race weekend, a few select NASCAR team customers and media personalities were invited by the manufacturers of Raybestos® Brakes to test drive the company’s new 2011 promotional giveaway vehicle: a highly-customized 1964 Pontiac GTO built for road racing, powered by a 700 horsepower GM LSX 454 V8 engine, and equipped with Raybestos NASCAR-spec brakes. Drivers were given the keys to the “race-ready but street-legal” vintage muscle car, strapped into the harness, and invited to pilot the GTO-R around the original 6.6 mile street circuit of the early 1950s Watkins Glen Grand Prix races.
“This thing’s awesome. You can tell they lightened it up a lot. Horsepower is awesome, transmission is smooth, brakes are obviously Raybestos, so they stop right on a dime…Nice car, very well built,” said Tommy Baldwin, Owner and Crew Chief of the No. 36 Tommy Baldwin Racing Chevrolet Impala.
Raybestos customers, race fans, and muscle car enthusiasts can enter to win the Raybestos ’64 GTO-R through September 15th by visiting www.RaybestosGarage.com.
“When you have a lot of power, you have to be able to stop – and that’s not always on everybody’s mind when they build a car,” said Rutledge Wood, NASCAR RaceDay analyst on SPEED TV and host of History Channel’s Top Gear USA. “You all started with that, and went the other way – so it’s crazy to be able to get in there and push it, and have all that… It’s awesome. I’m going to be smiling for weeks. That was so insane… I’m so impressed by it!”
A comprehensive feature article on the Raybestos ’64 GTO-R appears in the upcoming October 2011 issue of Hot Rod Magazine, which is scheduled to hit newsstands in mid-August.
The lessons learned on tracks at places like Watkins Glen are continually translated into product improvements across the entire Raybestos product line, which include racing, street performance, police patrol/pursuit vehicles and heavy-duty trucks.
Raybestos® brand brake parts are produced by affiliated companies in Affinia’s Global Brake & Chassis Group, the leading manufacturer of braking systems in the transportation industry. The Raybestos brakes product line includes everything from brake drums to rotors, pads, shoes, calipers and hydraulic parts. Raybestos brand racing brakes are used by premier teams such as Joe Gibbs Racing, Roush Fenway Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports, Earnhardt Ganassi, and Tommy Baldwin Racing in NASCAR® competition. In addition, the Raybestos brand is the preferred racing brake pad of IZOD® IndyCar® Series and Firestone® Indy Lights road and street course competition. For more information about Raybestos brakes, visit Raybestos.com.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:39 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

OH YES!!!! I've been waiting and hoping you would post video of the car running-it sounds great and looks like it's a real ball to throw @ curves! Ya dun good :supz: :supz: :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:16 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Thanks!

It's also on the cover of Hot Rod Magazine this month. About a month left to enter to win it. I'm taking it to a small local show on Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:53 pm 

Finally got to see the Hot Rod TV episode, it was very cool to see this car grow from concept to final product! :supz:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 am 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Thanks! They've been reairing the show alot lately, which rocks.

I have a bunch of new pics from when we had it on the track in Nevada. There is also a show on SPEED on the Optima Street Car Invitation from the when we were in Nevada and the GTO pops up in that one too a few times.

http://www.hotrodchassisandcycle.com/1964_GTO.php

Last week it was in Indianapolis. This week it's in Vancouver, BC.

The winner gets to take it home after the Power Tour in June.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm 

My first car was 1966 GTO, which I loved till 1969 when I bought the Judge. Those Goats where fun to drive, and race.

Good luck on the build..