Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

What would you do different

Sun May 30, 2004 7:10 pm

If you could start over at 18 years old, what would you do different?

I think I would have gone to school for marine biology or psychology... or both. It would be neat to figure out what dolphins think.
Last edited by Scott Rose on Sun May 30, 2004 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What would you do different

Sun May 30, 2004 8:11 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:If you could start over at 18 years old, what would you do different?

Studied harder in college and invested in real estate sooner and more often.

Sun May 30, 2004 8:22 pm

Get drunk??

:lol: :lol:

Sun May 30, 2004 8:58 pm

Only four years ago, so it's an easy answer. I thought about going to school for either astrophisics with a computer science minor, or to become an A&P, but a programming job sort of fell into my lap.

Mon May 31, 2004 4:09 pm

Before I started working with CF, I could be heard to say often "I wish like hell I had stuck with architecture" as I was planning (even as late as my senior year in HS) to become an architect. I guess I followed a dream and a whim when I went into aviation as a full-time study in the professional pilot course... but thought I was smited by the gods when I couldn't pay for that and had to switch to aviation management.

Boy am I glad I did... airline pilots my age are in horrible financial state with loads of debt and low pay. I am doing well and don't have a huge debt... so at this point... no regrets... not at all. I even have done some things that I never thought I'd do because there is only one life to live...

...and my back will never look the same again!

Ryan Keough

Mon May 31, 2004 10:58 pm

Ryan Keough wrote:Before I started working with CF, I could be heard to say often "I wish like hell I had stuck with architecture" as I was planning (even as late as my senior year in HS) to become an architect.

That would have been a bad move... My dad is an architect with 45 years of experience and even he has trouble keeping a job. He never seems to last more than about 3 years before the company gets bought out and run into the ground by poor management. Now he's semi-retired and does some consulting from time to time.

Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:37 pm

I should have stayed in the USAF. I liked and miss fixing those big birds(C-5s and C-141s) and I would have taken better advantage of the educational opportunities.

Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:26 pm

I would have stayed interested in warbirds after I was a kid, I might have a couple by now. Other than that, not much. I got to ride boats for a while. I got to run around in the woods and shoot guns for awhile. I got to do the dot bomb, in dot bomb central....It's been great, and it seems to be getting better. I must have been a monk in my last life.
Post a reply