Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post subject: Dinner
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:39 pm 
Potato

1 Pepperoni pizza hot pocket. Microwave on high, 3.5 minutes.
1 Can of Dennisons Chunky chili. Heat until hot.

Put hot chili on top of hot pocket on a plate.
Seasoning, Morton iodized salt, McCormick pure ground black pepper, 1/4 bottle of Taco Bell hot sauce.

Serve with Coors Light in bottles.

Bon Apetit

I gotta go lay down in the fetal position and roll around holding my stomach until work in the morning. Maybe more beer would make it all better.......

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:45 am 
WRG Staff Photographer & WIX Brewmaster

Stone Brewery is in the San Dog Area! That is some good beer! Personally I go for the Frozen Burritos with a similar assortment of toppings.

I'm glad I don't have to be around you after eating that, I'm sure that would kill anything down wind :shock:

Which reminds me that before we would go out to sea, my shop would eat as much Dell Taco as we could and just let loose for the next 2 days on everyone else who didn't. That was mixed with Sam Adams. Killer Combo! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:36 pm 
Potato

Col. Rohr wrote:
Good God OP,

No wonder you are taken out such a leathal attacks on the Fly*ss board, with that you are going to have a early death my god man drink a nice Micro maybe are Brewmister can send you something before you go into some sort of shock over drink Colorado Bear P*ss :P

Cheers RER

Hi Col!
Speaking of fly...Happy birthday!
I just woke up one day and decided I wasn't going to read political and economic nonsense and lies, and watch everyone pat each other on the back for it, without saying something. Barring that, those guys are funny, even though I don't understand most of their humor.

The path to Coors light was a long one. Believe it or not, I'm originally from Portland Oregon, the Micro Brew capital of the planet. All I used to drink was the best beer anywhere. At one point I was at about 230# and looked like I was eleventy months pregnant. I was at buddys house one summer saturday afternoon, and I noticed that all he and a couple of other friends would drink, was Keystone, PBR, stuff like that. They said you just can't drink Redhook or Hefewiezen all day long without becoming totally blitzed and totally bloatated. I tried it out. I started with Keystone premium. I lost 20# immediately. Everything was going along fine for about a year, when I noticed I was begining to balloon up nicely again. It turns out, due to the lower alcohol content, I was making up for it by drinking twice as much beer to maintain a maintenance buzz on football day. A friend had left some Coors Light in my refridgerator about a year before, so I cracked one open. I lost twenty pounds,,,,,,,

Weight loss program, exersize, diet, thats all cr*p. Just change beers!

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:56 pm 
Potato

TimApNy wrote:
Stone Brewery is in the San Dog Area! That is some good beer! Personally I go for the Frozen Burritos with a similar assortment of toppings.

I'm glad I don't have to be around you after eating that, I'm sure that would kill anything down wind :shock:

Which reminds me that before we would go out to sea, my shop would eat as much Dell Taco as we could and just let loose for the next 2 days on everyone else who didn't. That was mixed with Sam Adams. Killer Combo! :twisted:

I usually use the large frozen burrito in that recipe, but the qwickie mart was out of them. We used to do stuff like that at sea too. Sit around and eat chili, or refrieds before going on watch, and then stink out control....ahhh, good times,,,good times :P

I will now divulge another classic recipe.

On the go? Need something quick and light for that active lifestyle?

1 can of Dennisons Hot Chunky Chili.
1 can of Chef Boyardee overstuffed ravioli.
1 can of Hormel Hot Beef Tamales.

Empty cans into pot, remove paper from tamales. Heat. Season with salt, pepper, 1/2 bottle of taco bell hot sauce. Serve with 12 pack of Coors light in bottles.

Enjoy!

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:05 am 
BANNED/ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

I thought People who ran Resterraunts alway had the special of the DaY?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:01 am 

How's about my favourite

First get some live prawns, drop in to large bowl, pour in one or two bottles of Rice Wine, cover and let the prawns get smashed out of their brains.

After they stop moving around, light the Wine, allow the Wine to burn and the heat cooks the prawns.

Makes for a great joke on freinds who think they are going to eat raw prawns.

Devilishly clever these Chinese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:57 pm 

Hi Rob,

I would suggest a GOOD Brandy, or an Armagnac.

I tried it once with a 1965 Lafonton, WOW!!!!!!!!

(Now I'm going to get castigated for murdering a good Armagnac, oh dear, what a pity, never mind).

It works with most live shell fish, especially lobster, same deal as before, but after you have burned off the alcohol, allow Garlic Butter to melt over the lobster.

Remember, you must use a clear bowl with a heavy lid, the little buggers jump when you pour in the booze, and it give people the willies when they think they are going to eat them raw....... before you fire them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:55 am 

Rob,

Never tried Lobster Al Safura, but I know how you feel about the little nippers, I used to pull up lobster pots as a kid, in Scotland in winter it froze my poor little hands, that's why I live here, no more cold weather,
I hate snow.

Try this one.

Pork ribs, season with salt and pepper, slather Hoi Sin Sauce over ribs, sling in the oven till cooked, or grill, or over a BBQ, doesn't matter which, one large glass of wine while watching them cook, one case of cold beer, sit back on deck of boat, munch thoughtfully while watching your LBFM's clean the deck.
The only way to spend a Sunday

Stuart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:32 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Col. Rohr wrote:
Ok Stu,

That sounds good must try when it gets alittle warmer here.

Hey you know there are allot of us who cook on this board more ways the one :lol:

Maybe we can come up with a Wix Cook Book :shock:

Cheers RER

I'm sure that stomach pump manufacturers everywhere will thank us :)

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:36 pm 

This thread went up hill fast! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:40 pm 

What Time's SUPPAH! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:31 pm 
Potato

Here's another taste tempting treat....

1 Family size RiceaRoni, beef or chicken, doesn't matter
1 roll of Jimmy Dean hot sausage. cut into smaller chunks.
Chopped garlic, sliced mushrooms (Safeway sells them this way, less work)

Get a large frying pan. Start cooking the ricearoni. When it gets to be time to add the water, throw in everything. Let it boil in the frying pan with the top off until done.

Season with salt and pepper.

Serve with the appropriate beverage selection, one with an alcohol content.

Enjoy!!!!

P.S. This is even better the next day as leftovers. Microwave, add a half of a bottle of taco bell hot sauce.....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Deep Thoughts,
Jack Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:32 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

TimApNy wrote:
This thread went up hill fast! :wink:

I'm sure Kelly could come up with something interesting for the cookbook :)

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post subject: dinner
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:51 pm 

Ok Rob,

Here goes for desert:-

First take 6 oranges, inject with 100cc's Absolute Vodka, chill and allow to stand in fridge for 1 hour.
Drain 2 fresh coconuts of milk, remove meat and mince, add 4 teaspoons of sugar, add coconut milk, chill for 1 hour.

Peel oranges, segment, peel 4 bananas slice and add both to coconut mix, serve on nice little plates with a dollop of Creme Fresh on top.

Explain to guests you can't eat desert as you are on a diet.

Drink Coffee and sit back and watch your guests get hammered on desert

Stuart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:42 pm 

Col. Rohr wrote:
Ok Guys,

We need a nice desert.

So how does this sound take a nice apple pie and add a light powder sugar topping and back for 20 minuts then add some ice cream.

Also while we are on drinks,

Here is one of my favorets Moxie and SoCo its call a Mad Mainer :P

So Tim what does Kelly think of the thread :?:

Cheers RER

I haven't kept up with it myself, let alone filling her in. We left off at the "punish those around you recipes"

try this one

1/4 stick butter
6 sliced hot dogs
½ diced Onion
? Oregano
1 can Chile beef Fiesta soup
1 large can Franco-American Spaghetti

Fry hotdogs and onion until both are cooked. Add Chile soup and stir until mixed well. Add oregano (to taste) then add the spaghetti. Heat until everything is good and hot.
It looks bad but taste great! And enough salt to presevere a cow.