Switch to full style
Since people seem to think that the off-topic section is for political discussion, something that is frowned upon, I have temporarily closed the section. ANY political discussions in any other forum will be deleted and the user suspended. I have had it with the politically motivated comments.
Post a reply

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:59 pm

tom d. friedman wrote:good ole yankee ingenuity!!

Yankee? Certainly you didn't read the text where it mentions half a dozen locations in Australia?

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 am

Roger Cain wrote:
tom d. friedman wrote:good ole yankee ingenuity!!

Yankee? Certainly you didn't read the text where it mentions half a dozen locations in Australia?

The headline also only makes sense in 'Strine. A 'snag' is a problem, but also a sausage.... Barbies have two wheels, four burners, and usually a few more than one snag. Still, I reckon he's clearly a few prawns short on the barbie... ;)

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:58 am

must have looked at it after a few cocktails!!

Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:06 pm

Aussie

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Warbird Kid wrote:Aussie

Er... yes?

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:33 am

I-75, sign near Walton, KY

Batavia, OH

Angola Road, Toledo, OH

Ashtabula, OH

Saludos,

Tulio

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 am

Another sign, this one near Port Clinton, OH on Hwy 2.

Saludos,

Tulio

I noticed that I had posted the wrong photo, and tried to access WIX for the last couple of days to try to fix it, but was unable to get the #$%^& pages to load up.

Tulio
Last edited by Tulio on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:23 am

Looks like the tail of a Huey to me. :)

Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Well, go on, push buttom!

Tillerman.

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:29 pm

Tillerman,

Here is one of many misspells that I shake my head at daily. Yes, it is stencilled onto an airplane, and yes, that is black overspray all around it.
My favorite, though, (I don't currently have a photo example) is the upside-down stencilling on the inboard side of the engines where the passengers can see it. VERY professional.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:45 am

"From the road -again - "

Licking, MO

Pryor, OK

Adair, OK

Saludos,

Tulio

Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:20 am

another botched paint-job......

Martin

Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:40 am

I'm glad we don't paint the Boeing script on our equipment, Martin, or that spelling would become the norm. They have enough trouble with "hoist point", "no step", etc. :roll:

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:16 am

Can anyone convert to English what is being said by the little guy in the LAGG-3 ? Good chance it's not even remotely humorous, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:47 pm

How to tell if your cat is a real Persian

Post a reply