Switch to full style
One of the driving forces behind the warbird community is flight simulators. This forum is to discuss all aspects of flight simulators, primarily combat/military based software but GA simulators can be discussed here as well.
Post a reply

Flightsim P-51D "Sierra Sue II"

Mon May 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Here are a selection of screenshots flying the P-51D-20-NA 44-63675 "Sierra Sue II", NL1751D, in Lockheed Martin Prepar3D and Microsoft Flight Simulator X, using one of the payware P-51D models I released through Warbirdsim years ago, and one of my freeware repaints (which is accurate down to the colors of each individual rivet).

Re: Flightsim P-51D "Sierra Sue II"

Mon May 11, 2020 2:08 pm

And some screenshots of another Minnesota-based combat-vet P-51D-20-NA, 44-63864 "Twilight Tear", NL251L - another of my Mustangs released through Warbirdsim and recently updated with better graphics. A lot of polishing on this one.

Mon May 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Wow! Both look stunning. Great job John! :drink3:

Thu May 14, 2020 10:58 am

Lovely skins John!

August

Thu May 14, 2020 7:16 pm

Thank you Bear and August!

I probably wouldn't want to begin to count how many Mustangs I've reproduced in flight sim form over the years, both original wartime/historical versions and modern restorations.

Last year I completed a set of repaints depicting all of the Mustangs that Midwest Aero has restored to-date.

"Cripes A' Mighty" 2002

"Daddy's Girl" 2004

"Red Dog" 2006

"Happy Jack's Go Buggy" 2008

"Live Bait" 2010

"Was That Too Fast" 2013

"Frances Dell" 2014

"Frenesi" 2017

Fri May 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Wow some great work there. I would love to see some RAAF ones.

Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 am

Those are gorgeous, John.

I opted for A2A rather than Warbirdsim for my P3D P-51, so I don't get to fly your P-51 skins. I think I have your work for several other types though, especially the products of the Milton Shupe team. Your attention to accurate detail is always appreciated!

August
Post a reply