Switch to full style
Welcome to the trans-global aviation parts market. If you have aviation related items to sell (parts, whole aircraft, or even flying squirrels) or if you need to buy something then post a message here.
Post a reply

WTS Unknwn prop spinner

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:16 am

Suspect this spinner might be off a Mosquito or something with a Merlin engine. I'm sure someone out there would know better than me.

The data stamp is unreadable

Would NOT consider this part airworthy, however, a good template for fabricating a new one.

Make offer. Local pick up only. I'm in the DFW area. Getting ready to move and it has to go. Don't want to take it to a scrap yard.

Please PM for details. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Spin4.JPG
Spin3.JPG
Spin2.JPG
Spin1.JPG

Re: WTS Unknwn prop spinner

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Looks very repairable to me. The dents can be massaged out.

The diameter and height might help someone to identify it.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 am

Thanks BDK..... I'll take some measurements later today.

It is in pretty good shape...

At this point, no reasonable offer refused.

Reason I'd suspect something with a Merlin is that in my travels, I have been able to eyeball several Mosquitos, one Lancaster, CFM's -109 and the Casa 2.111.

They all look very similar, not an exact match, but pretty darn close.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Maybe an early Firefly? Or possibly a CCF Hurricane with the metal prop.

It seems too rounded for an early three blade spit, but not rounded enough for a mosquito.

Sean

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:19 pm

hmmm.....interesting. Looking at the different airplanes, the blade cutouts and location of camlocks are all different.

Thanks so much for the info. :drink3:

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:26 pm

***Bump****

Still have it. Anyone want it? It really needs to go. If its still in my garage after the new year, to the scrap yard it goes.

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Combatmech wrote:***Bump****

Still have it. Anyone want it? It really needs to go. If its still in my garage after the new year, to the scrap yard it goes.

Where abouts are you located?

Sean

Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:56 am

I'm in Coppell, Tx, North Dallas 'burb.

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:00 am

Maybe just drop it off at the Cavanaugh museum as a donation rather than scrapping it? Would make a tax write-off if you can use it.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Vintage Flying Museum would be happy to take it off your hands, and we can provide a tax receipt for the donation. I can come pick it up some evening or weekend. I just live up the road in Lake Dallas.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:16 pm

The spinner is spoken for and will be out of my garage next week. Thanks for all the input folks.
Post a reply