Switch to full style
Welcome to the trans-global aviation parts market. If you have aviation related items to sell (parts, whole aircraft, or even flying squirrels) or if you need to buy something then post a message here.
Post a reply

f4u-4 corsair drop tank

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Can somebody tell me what it is worth? Excellent condition with original paint, stickers and gas cap

Re: f4u-4 corsair drop tank

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Frank,
Post a few photos.

P.S. We gonna see you at the Simsbury Fly In this Sunday?

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:46 pm

nobody has an estimate?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:28 am

No idea on the tank value. Put a reserve on it and toss it on ebay and see what happens. I'm more interested in the garden statue in the background. Is that a Hispanic gentleman with a poncho and sombrero pulling a burro? If so, wow! Those are almost as rare as yard jockey statues. 8)

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:48 pm

ellice_island_kid wrote:I would suggest contacting Planes of Fame and talk someone there. They would be able to give you an idea and may be interested in it.

I am quite shocked sombody didnt have an answer for you on here. Those kinda tanks used to fetch about 2K a few years ago, but the whole warbird market is in the biggest slump in history and prices are falling faster than a Zero, especially the most expensive ones like P-51 and F4U?

yeah, i don't know whats going on. not much interest. who wouldn't want this awesome piece of history!? Don't you want it?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:23 pm

It would be cool to have something like that but not sure whats its worth

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm

The problem is the nose is punched in and in order to repair it you'll have to cut the tank open to make the repair then re-weld, a bunch of work! Next, whats the condition of the rest of the tank, dents, corrosion, etc.

Regards, John Lane

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:06 pm

I would like to have it the way it is now but if it would look nice restored but it would be a project but it would be fun

Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:27 pm

just curious....what do you want for it? I collect corsair stuff when the $$ and the wife will allow it....lol

thx-Mike

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 pm

If you want to fix the dent without cutting it apart, you could always do what the autobody guys do. Strip some paint, use a stud gun to weld on some studs, attach a slide hammer, and pull the dent out. Much less work than halving it.

Of course, i`m not an expert, so i could be way wrong. Just food for thought.
Post a reply