Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:29 pm 

Well so much for ebay. You can still pull up the auction and check it out by searching for item #2477078064. Complete discription and pictures, Brandon knows who I am(Rob S from Clifton Park N.Y.). It will need to be re-overhauled, but it's all there, $12,000. It will only appreciate with all the new Yaks and soon to see P-51A's not to mention the rediscovery by the Unlimited Hydroplane Guys and still being used for Tractor Pulling.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:13 pm 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Rob S wrote:
Well so much for ebay. You can still pull up the auction and check it out by searching for item #2477078064. Complete discription and pictures, Brandon knows who I am(Rob S from Clifton Park N.Y.). It will need to be re-overhauled, but it's all there, $12,000. It will only appreciate with all the new Yaks and soon to see P-51A's not to mention the rediscovery by the Unlimited Hydroplane Guys and still being used for Tractor Pulling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2477078064

Rob,

Can I recommend that you post your engine for sale in the following YahooGroup?:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spitfirereplicas/

There are a few guys there that are building full size wooden Spitfire replicas who are interested in obtaining an Allison.

Brandon

Post subject: Allison Sold
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:45 pm 
It's going to the wonderful world of tractor pulling. My advise to any potential airplane builders or rebuilders, never pay a dime for anything unless it's got documents to prove it's status(I was promised the data plate and all reciepts from the rebuild). With the sky rocketing prices of warbirds in the last 20 years it has attracted dishonest people ready to take your hard earned money.
Just my 2 cents(actually $15,000)
Rob