No votes
1 Star
No votes
Haven't seen it
No votes

Total votes : 5

Movie Review:A Bridge Too Far

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:45 pm

A Bridge Too Far and the first Star Wars movie came out in the same year. Why one was a HUGE hit and the bother wasn't was because one was about a huge victory and thebother was about a huge defeat. Operation Market Garden, thought up by British Field Marshal Montgomery was a colossal failure from the word go. The film makers should have got a clue. There was decent acting and good writing, but it's depressing to watch the flick-unless you're a hitler fan. I only give the flick two and a half stars out of five.

MMG - Rate This Movie... A Bridge too far

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:44 am

[an SS officer is approaching under a white flag]
Maj. Harry Carlyle: Rather interesting development, sir. [to the German] That's far enough! We can hear you from there!
SS Panzer Officer: My general says there is no point in continuing this fighting! He is willing to discuss a surrender!
[Short pause; the German waits for an answer, Frost thinks]
Lt. Col. John Frost: Tell him to go to hell.
Maj. Harry Carlyle: We haven't the proper facilities to take you all prisoner! Sorry!
SS Panzer Officer: [confused] What?
Maj. Harry Carlyle: We'd like to, but we can't accept your surrender! Was there anything else?
[German officer walks off silently]
Lt. Col. John Frost: Right.
[the officer returns to Obergruppenführer Bittrich - they converse in German]
SS Panzer Officer: They rejected our surrender offer. What are your orders, Herr General?
Obergruppenführer Bittrich: Flatten Arnhem.

One of my favorite movies, it's time to rate... A Bridge Too Far
Attachments
a bridge too far.jpg
Post a reply