44%
2 Stars
22%
1 Star
No votes
Haven't seen it
No votes

Total votes : 9

MMG: Rate this movie... Memphis Belle (1990)

Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:55 pm

This weeks movie up for review... 1990s Memphis Belle.

Rate this movie and express your thoughts, good or bad, about this movie. The poll will be open for 7 days.

Re: Movie Review: Memphis Belle

Tue May 28, 2019 7:43 am

This movie is what reviewers refer to as a "star vehicle". In this case, the star was Harry Conick Jr. In case you're not familiar, he's a better piano player than actor. This moviebwas suppposed to be about the much ballhooed 25th run of the Memphis Belle in the very dangerous skies over northern Europe. Never mind that Jimmy Stewart and others flew more than 25 misssions. After the misssion, the Belle, with crew, was sent on a war bond drive across the U.S. The movie is actually boring. I would've found another way to tell the story. If you're a B-17 fan, this is your flick as a lot of time was spent not only in the plane, but with ground crew working on the plane. Overall, I give the movie two and a half stars out of five, but most of that is for the respect of mighty B-17. Long may she fly!

Re: MMG: Rate this movie... Memphis Belle (1990)

Wed May 29, 2019 5:31 am

I know more than 5 of you have seen this!
Vote now and let your opinion be known!
:drink3:

Re: MMG: Rate this movie... Memphis Belle (1990)

Wed May 29, 2019 8:09 pm

Not a bad movie, a bit corny at times. Maybe a better version for younger folks than the original. I would watch this movie before some of the junk Hollywood turns out these days.
Post a reply