38%
2 Stars
14%
1 Star
3%
Haven't seen it
14%

Total votes : 29

Re: MMG: Rate this movie... Flyboys (2006)

Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 am

I do think that the CGI is visually really good but the "choreographers" screw things up by having the planes do the impossible. Or by overcrowding the field of view.

Mon May 20, 2019 1:29 pm

Saville wrote:I do think that the CGI is visually really good but the "choreographers" screw things up by having the planes do the impossible. Or by overcrowding the field of view.

That's probably the biggest issue with CGI aviation, the planes don't fly "naturally". However, I still like it better than no film at all.

As for ultimate realistic CGI, check out...

Mon May 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Scott WRG Editor wrote:
Saville wrote:I do think that the CGI is visually really good but the "choreographers" screw things up by having the planes do the impossible. Or by overcrowding the field of view.

That's probably the biggest issue with CGI aviation, the planes don't fly "naturally". However, I still like it better than no film at all.

As for ultimate realistic CGI, check out...

As I understand it, this is CGI. It's gorgeous and very realistic except for maybe all those Spits and Mossies so close. And those do not sound like Merlins. Nevertheless CGI aviation movies can be great so long as they don't portray unrealistic things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bdoWZbvXps
Last edited by Saville on Tue May 21, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 21, 2019 2:35 am

Can we rate this one! (I give it a five)
Post a reply