Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:48 pm 

Melanie Griffith and Micheal Douglas star in this early 90's flick. The flick is based on a book written about a BBBC interview where an American woman claimed to be a spy in WW2. Several actors in this flick were required to speak German. Melanie butchers the language, but Sir John Gielgud speaks it so well that I think he spoke it also in real life. The story is strong and great attention was paid to sets, streets, cars, uniforms, and trains. I credit the film makers forbtheir atttention to detail. Melaniebwas used because she was big box offfice at the time, but the movie would've beeen better with a diffferent actress in her spot. German is my second language (it was spoken in my home growing up) so I am very partial to movies where German is spoken. I give it 4 stars out of 5, overalll, but Melanie's acting willl be distracting, unlesss you can tune her out and marvel atnthe old cars, planes, and trains.