Switch to full style
This forum has been created for people to post pictures and information for use in the Warbird Registry

Forum rules

This forum is only for posting images and information on aircraft to be included or updated in the Warbird registry. Discussions on SPECIFIC aircraft are allowed, otherwise goto the WIX hanger.
Post a reply

What happend to the Hendricks field B-17 crash site

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:53 pm

What happend to it if it was still there in 1990? I have a house near by and would like to go looking for it fyi there's also an old dehavi dove in the lake which can be seen in sat photos
http://forum.armyairforces.com/download ... e=0;172699
Last edited by davidwomacks on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: What happend to the Hendricks field B-17 crash site

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 pm

I happen to find this on another fourm while reserching this I can't think that this was legal if they really did it.

"My husband's family owned the property adjacent to Hendrick's Field, now Sebring Airport (but not at the time of the crash).

My husband's father worked at Hendrick's Field when the crash occurred.

When clearing the land several years ago, they came across not one, but two different crashed B17 bombers. With the heavy equipment, they dug a hole and buried both of them.
I believe the property the B17 crash site you are showing in the photos is part of the swamp land they sold. There had been a sod farm on that property."
Post a reply