Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:07 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Last night while leaving the local Borders Books at somewhere between bedtime and 10PM. Shannon saw a friend of hers from the Chocolate Cafe in Magnolia, MA. Back before the Company moved to its new location she used to tell me about this guy that would come into the shop from time to time. His name is Ken French.
I asked if he was related to Bill the car mechanic from Essex. I was suprised when the answer was yes. I asked Bill a long time ago about the picture on the wall in his office. It was a Tiger Moth. He told me it was his dad's airplane and he used to fly it out of Beverly, Ma (KBVY).
Finally I put two and two together.
We had not seen him since the Chocolate Cafe turned into the Nantucket Chocolatier over a year ago. He looks good.

Ken French was a major part of the New England Escadrille Airshows in Manchester, NH in the late 80s. I'm sure you have heard Rob, or myself talking about them once or twice.
I mentioned a few names from back then, people who we see quite regularly. The Tiger Moth is long gone, and he has been out of the loop for a while so I suggested a few places that he could run into a few of them locally.

Hopefully we will see more of him at different events here in the near future.

Last edited by krlang on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:48 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

Nice to see some of the Old Escidrille people are still around. I remembered Ken French the moment I read your post!
Jerry