Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

SWAMP GHOST - The real story

Fri May 26, 2006 12:32 am

New word has come in from the front lines

WIXers should know that the recovery was fully sanctioned by the PNG National Museum and was the worst kept secret in the history of aviation recovery.

An Trinational recovery force consisting of unpaid volounteers from USA and Australia assembled in Port Moresby for the recovery and conducted one of the most amazing recoveries to be seen for quite a while.

A documentary of the recovery has been made and will be shown on cable in due course and of course you will be able to read all about it in Classic Wings magazine.

More relayed news from the front in due course.

This post was edited due to a violation of the personal attacks rules on this forum. The remaining information was deemed of interest and thus is allowed to remain. Scott

Fri May 26, 2006 12:37 am

JB

Welcome back from the 'front'...great job and hopefully you will be successful with the final 'push'
Already got the story for CW underway :wink:

Dave

Swamp Ghost

Fri May 26, 2006 2:43 am

What did you lift it with,must have been a sight.

Swamp Ghost

Fri May 26, 2006 6:05 am

A Mil 8 was used. Quite an extroidinary site to see the old girl flying through the air without wings and tailplane.

Edited by me for personal attack rule violation - Scott

Fri May 26, 2006 8:07 am

JungleBob
Great to hear first hand about the recovery and we hope any hang ups get worked out fast and for the best of the a/c.

Tim

Fri May 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Hi,

I haven't been keeping up on the thread about Swamp Ghost and the potential recovery. I am very glad to see that an effort...any effort....to recover her and get he back into civilaztion.

Paul
Post a reply