Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:02 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I guess Dan is slacking...
Announced at ICAS today-
F-16 Demo Team July 22-28
F-22 Raptor Demo Team July 22-25
RCAF Snowbirds - July 27+28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

A Curtiss wins Grand Champion Warbird.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:32 pm 

Polaris Ghost Squadron 22-24th

Attachments:
20231207_174733.jpg
20231207_174733.jpg [ 265 KiB | Viewed 8290 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:48 pm 

Mark Allen M wrote:

Yes, I agree, unless there is an "off the radar" restoration that's been going on in secret. That's always a possibility. Some owners like to make a "grand entrance" with their restorations when complete.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:54 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Id like to see a Hawker Tempest bring home some honors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:15 am 

OD/NG wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:

Yes, I agree, unless there is an "off the radar" restoration that's been going on in secret. That's always a possibility. Some owners like to make a "grand entrance" with their restorations when complete.

Like maybe the Grumman F6F Hellcat that Ezell Aviation has been restoring for Rod Lewis...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:34 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

FuryFB11 wrote:
Polaris Ghost Squadron 22-24th

Interesting. For those keeping track at home, we are now here:
"The Ghost" --> Ghost of Kyiv --> Ghost Squadron

Or, if you want to be thorough:
Corn Sherrill --> Colonel Tomb --> "Ghosts of Razgriz" --> "The Ghost" --> Ghost of Kyiv --> Ghost Squadron

As a final note, it's worth keeping in mind that "Ghost Squadron" was one of the proposed names for the Confederate Air Force when it was being renamed.

EDIT (24-03-10): Whoops, realized I missed one in the sequence!

Warbird Philosophy Webmaster

Last edited by Noha307 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:39 pm 

MKD1966 wrote:
OD/NG wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:

Like maybe the Grumman F6F Hellcat that Ezell Aviation has been restoring for Rod Lewis...

I don't think that is much of a secret and Mr. Lewis is not very tight with info regarding his restorations thus far. Numerous pictures of the Hellcat have been posted on social media over the years. Last I heard, the Hellcat had been put on the backburner until the Connie was finished. Now that that has happened, I hope the Hellcat restoration will be expedited.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:03 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Quote:
I don't think that is much of a secret and Mr. Lewis is not very tight with info regarding his restorations thus far. Numerous pictures of the Hellcat have been posted on social media over the years. Last I heard, the Hellcat had been put on the backburner until the Connie was finished. Now that that has happened, I hope the Hellcat restoration will be expedited.

Maybe still on the back burner with the new Mosquito nearing completion at Avspecs? The last update on Vintage Aviation News estimates that the Mossie could fly by February, which could make Oshkosh a possibility depending on test flights, shipping timeline, etc. It seems like the last Mosquito followed a similar timeline to OSH, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:27 am 

kalamazookid wrote:
Quote:

Maybe still on the back burner with the new Mosquito nearing completion at Avspecs? The last update on Vintage Aviation News estimates that the Mossie could fly by February, which could make Oshkosh a possibility depending on test flights, shipping timeline, etc. It seems like the last Mosquito followed a similar timeline to OSH, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

The new mosquito is going into the Lewis stable?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:41 pm 

mdwflyer wrote:
kalamazookid wrote:
Quote:

Correct.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:17 pm 

mdwflyer wrote:
kalamazookid wrote:
Quote:

Current status of Mossies covered here.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74057

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:06 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Looks like the USMC has added the F-35B demo team.

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/news-and-public ... ed-to-av24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:43 am 

I would imagine the 2024 Warbirds in Review will be headlined by the Lewis Air Legends Mosquito T.43, Fagen Fighters SB2C Helldiver and Kermit Weeks' A-26 Invader.

I also believe Rod Lewis intends to bring the Connie back once the interior is finished so it can be judged.

Perhaps Fagen Fighters will also bring their P-47 now it has had some new clothes?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The heavier iron list is growing.

B-29 "DOC"
B-29 "Fifi"
B-24A "Diamond Lil"