Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:07 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

This is a massive improvement. Wish they'd show the general admission versus drive-up seating areas on a grounds map so people would know what they're paying for. I will be interested to hear what the GA seating ends up being like. If it's behind all the cars, I will probably continue to stay away. If there's actual flight line seating, I'll have Thunder on my radar for 2025 - I've already made other plans for this year.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:45 pm 

:spit
Avnut wrote:
I received an e-mail (2/24/24) from Thunder about about a 24 hour ticket sale starting at 8:00 AM Saturday morning and ending Sunday at 8:00 AM. Sale price is reflected in check-out.

It is a full day show - no 2 show morning/afternoon format, with a general admission and tailgate parking option.

Wow are ticket prices high, even with the sale price. Just for 2 people (x2 - $55) and general parking (x1 - $35) almost $160. Have costs for hosting an air show really gone up that much, or is Yankee that greedy? I think I'll volunteer on the flight line at a local air show to get my fix in for the year.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 pm 

Just added,

Louis Horschel's TF-51D Mustang "MAD MAX"! :wink:

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:05 am 

Just added,

Ariel Luedi's TF-51D Mustang "The LITTLE Witch"! 8)

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:21 pm 

Just added,

Louis Horschel's FG-1D Corsair! :wink:

THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:53 pm 

Xray wrote:
Hopefully the putrid morning/afternoon pandemic era format will be ditched

I totally agree. I attended almost every show from 2005 - 2019, I think only missing 2007 and 2018. 2007 because I just got hired for the Orlando Airport and didn't have the vacation time and 2018 because i went to Oshkosh for the whole week and I think Thunder late Aug that year?

I haven't been back since 2019 once this you had to pay something like $160-200 for a car to get in. I am from out of state, coming by myself. I got a whole week at Oshkosh with my EAA discount for like $120 in 2018. I didn't care for that two show format either.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:00 pm 

Avnut wrote:
I received an e-mail (2/24/24) from Thunder about about a 24 hour ticket sale starting at 8:00 AM Saturday morning and ending Sunday at 8:00 AM. Sale price is reflected in check-out.

It is a full day show - no 2 show morning/afternoon format, with a general admission and tailgate parking option.

Wow are ticket prices high, even with the sale price. Just for 2 people (x2 - $55) and general parking (x1 - $35) almost $160. Have costs for hosting an air show really gone up that much, or is Yankee that greedy? I think I'll volunteer on the flight line at a local air show to get my fix in for the year.

that's not too horrible. For me it would be $55 + 35. I think it was $50 + 25 when I last came in 2019. If there was some really cool attraction like several large bombers like back in the day when we would get 8 B-17s. If we could get the remaining flyable B-17s, Doc and Fifi, the B-24s and the Lancaster along with Connie Bataan, I would totally pay that. Much better than that $240 a car load when I would be coming by myself