This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Help ID'ing some A-20J Havocs

Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:04 am

All-

Hoping the fine folks of WIX can help me further ID some A-20J Havocs. I have three that are in various stages of full ID, and maybe someone here can help me fill in the gaps!

First up, we have A-20J "Goosie Susie" of the 409th BG, 641st BS, 9th AF, supposedly coded 7G-G. I have a possible serial number for her of 43-10550, but that doesn't fit the listed serial numbers for A-20J production. Might anyone be able to confirm the fuselage codes, and have the serial number for her?

ImageDouglas-A-20J-Havoc-9AF-409BG-Goosie-Susie-nose-art-left-side-01 by Dennis Sauter, on Flickr

Next up is A-20J "Lingdooley Ranch" of the 410th BG, 645th BS, 9th AF. I have her serial number as 43-22060, and I know the fuselage codes start with 7X with the 645th BS. For Lingdooley, I am looking for the individual aircraft letter to complete the fuselage codes.

Imagemedia-52303 by Dennis Sauter, on Flickr

The last one is A-20J "Pad Lads" of the 410th BG, 645th BS, 9th AF. As is the same with Lingdooley, I know the fuselage codes start with 7X, but I am looking for the individual aircraft letter to complete the fuselage codes, as well as the serial number, which I can't seem to find anywhere. According to one of the photos below, the serial does contain the numerals 3068, which is below the nose glazing. When I blow up the photos, I can also see that the serial starts with 43- according to the data block on the fuselage.

ImagePage 1 (1) by Dennis Sauter, on Flickr

ImagePage 9 by Dennis Sauter, on Flickr

That's where I am at. Can anyone help me fill in the gaps?

Thanks!
Post a reply