Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:32 am 

I cannot remember seeing this on the forum, but if I missed it, my apologies. I only just stumbled across this video:

Nice combination of footage with audio from Jimmy Doolittle about the famous raid. Looks like a nice B-25 too. According to the one article I found about this, it appears to be this one: http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b25regis ... 86797.html. Has it really been standing idle for 15 years? Good to see it back in the air and on the way to more flying.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:03 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

As I also mentioned in the warbirds numbers stickied thread, this B-25, now registered as N25JZ, was sold to Justin Zabel (ACV Group) early last year, and over the course of the past year has been brought up to ferrying condition for this recent flight to Marana, Arizona, where it will now be undergoing a full restoration program before it returns to the air. The same owner, early last year, also acquired the P-51D 44-84390 "Section Eight" (which last year was vinyl-wrapped to appear in its retro Bardahl Special markings), the TBM-3 Avenger BuNo.85794, and most recently the "Skyblazers" F-86F from Doug Matthews.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:15 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

I crewed a Falcon 50 last year that had been sitting for three years. We had a rash of mostly small things pop up. After about six to eight months of gremlins she was a very fine aircraft. Best of luck to these guys this summer!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:17 am 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

It won't be flying again for a while, as now that it was ferried to Marana, they'll be doing a full restoration.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:27 am 

Thanks! Looks like I should pay more attention to the stickies at the top of the board.

Sitting still for 15 years is never a good thing, so they will need to go through the airframe with a fine comb to see whether structure, systems and other bits are in need of attention. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:22 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

I thought I heard she was going to be at Reno..?

Phil