Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:25 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

wendovertom wrote:
Sounds like as of now they are planning for it to happen. I realize I am probably in the minority here but I wonder if it is too soon. All these awesome planes that have committed to come are not coming "for free" - hopefully the money side of it all works out.

Yesterday I did hear that 21% of Americans are vaccinated so that is encouraging but COVID numbers are still out of control in Michigan and Florida. Oshkosh is awesome but part of me wonders if they are trying too hard to pull it off too soon.

Tom P.

I think a lot of people are itching to go to something, and an outdoor event in the summer (after many/most have been vaccinated) is just the ticket for many of them. I think Oshkosh will have a banner year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:22 pm 

wendovertom wrote:
Sounds like as of now they are planning for it to happen. I realize I am probably in the minority here but I wonder if it is too soon. All these awesome planes that have committed to come are not coming "for free" - hopefully the money side of it all works out.

Yesterday I did hear that 21% of Americans are vaccinated so that is encouraging but COVID numbers are still out of control in Michigan and Florida. Oshkosh is awesome but part of me wonders if they are trying too hard to pull it off too soon.

Tom P.

They are probably watching Sun N Fun in Florida going on right now to see how numbers and turn out are to determine if Oshkosh is worth it. Supposedly Sun N Fun had record number of presale tickets. I will be at Sun N Fun tomorrow so I will know more. Don't seem to be many restrictions at Sun N Fun that I am aware of but it's in a very open county (Polk)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:06 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

kalamazookid wrote:
The Erickson P-40E is scheduled to appear at Wings of the North Air Expo July 24-25. Wonder if they'll continue on to Oshkosh?

The Erickson SBD/A-24 was just added to the AirExpo lineup and I believe the plan is for both to head to Oshkosh after...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:51 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Warbirdnerd wrote:
kalamazookid wrote:
The Erickson P-40E is scheduled to appear at Wings of the North Air Expo July 24-25. Wonder if they'll continue on to Oshkosh?

The Erickson SBD/A-24 was just added to the AirExpo lineup and I believe the plan is for both to head to Oshkosh after...

Awesome news!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:27 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

kalamazookid wrote:
Warbirdnerd wrote:
kalamazookid wrote:

Awesome news!

Keep an eye on the AirExpo Facebook page there are more announcements t to come. Many of the visiting aircraft are heading to OSH after attending AirExpo.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

...Among the aircraft featured will be the P-40 Warhawk, Supermarine Spitfire, P-38 Lightning, F6F Hellcat, C-47 Skytrain, Hawker Hurricane, P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, B-25 Mitchell, B-17 Flying Fortress, B-29 Superfortress, and others...

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-airv ... hkosh-2021

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 pm 

Any one have any insider or inkling on what each day's focus or airshow will look like? Trying to plan my trip.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:07 pm 

I just hope they fly the radial engine planes in one flight and the V-12 engine planes in another flight.That way they don't drown each other out.Just my 2 cents worth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:55 am 

Just bought my ticket for the week, it's getting real now!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:23 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

The latest Green Dot podcast has some new info. Link to listen: http://inspire.eaa.org/2021/06/15/eaas- ... to-expect/

Among the highlights:

AFSOC will open the Thursday show by "taking over" the airfield with 14 aircraft participating. Multiple Ospreys will be included.

Possible "Spooky" Heritage Flight with an AC-130 and AC-47.

The Friday and Saturday warbird shows will be a chronology of the war and could include salutes to the AVG, Eagle Squadron, Tora! Tora! Tora!, the Doolittle Raid and more. It was mentioned that Steve Hinton will fly an aerobatic demo in the Fagen P-38. Didn't hear any other specific warbirds mentioned but you can make educated guesses based on the above.

There will be a 30th anniversary celebration of Operation Desert Storm. Didn't hear of anything specific in the airshow but it sounds like there will be a major program at Theatre in the Woods.

Heard a C-17 mentioned as part of the focus on humanitarian aviation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:56 pm 

Lots of chitchat this past week about an opening of the Canada/USA border for those that qualify. ( both shots, negative test no more than 72 hours old)
Fingers crossed it comes to fruition.

Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Add C-47 "That's All Brother"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And for those into classic jets, among those listed at the CJAA site include Mig-17, Provost, Vampire, and Venom.

https://classicjets.org/meetinginfo.php ... 1620662938

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:28 pm 

Update on military aircraft attending.

June 24, 2021 – Oshkosh will play host to a powerful collection of U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy military aircraft this summer during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2021, scheduled for July 26-August 1.

Aside from the Air Force Special Operations Command aircraft scheduled to attend AirVenture beginning on Thursday, July 29, a number of other miscellaneous military jets and helicopters will be traveling to Oshkosh to either fly in the daily air shows or to be placed on static display.

Among the aircraft you can expect to see in the air or on the ground this July:

A-10s performing close air support demonstrations during air show
F-16 Viper Demo Team performing during air show
Desert Storm 30th anniversary aircraft (F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle, F-16; Apache, Blackhawk, and Chinook helicopters) on static display
F/A-18E/F Super Hornets and E/A-18G Growlers on static display and performing in the Navy Legacy Flight
C-17 on static display
KC-135 on static display
Lockheed U-2 to perform flyover
Luftwaffe A400M on static display
More details and announcements about specific aircraft scheduled to attend AirVenture 2021 will be made in the weeks leading up to the event. Scheduled aircraft may change without notice.

https://www.eaa.org/airventure/eaa-airv ... y-airpower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:49 pm 

A couple of teasers for this year’s Warbirds in Review schedule:

Thursday, July 29, 2021 10 AM
Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane
Presented by The Dakota Territory Air Museum

Speaker: Warren Pietsch with a thank you to Bruce Eamans.

Two beautiful examples of the iconic British aircraft will be displayed together highlighting the historical role and the modern day operation of these aircraft.

Friday, July 30, 2021
10 AM
Grumman F6F Hellcat

Owners: Fagen Fighters WWII Museum
Guests: Ensign Donald McPherson and Evan Fagen
This newly restored Hellcat is certain to be a favorite presentation when it appears as the backdrop for World War II Hellcat pilot, Don McPhearson. Evan Fagen & Steve Hinton, Jr. will add their insight into the current operation and restoration of the Hellcat.

Saturday, July 31, 2021
10 AM
North American P-51D Mustang, "Miss Kitty”
Presented by: Dakota Territory Air Museum

Speaker: Warren Pietsch with a Thank You to Bruce Eames for his contributions and continued support in bringing these airplanes back to life and sharing them with our Warbird community and our Warbirds in Review audience.
The Dakota Territory Air Museum’s restored P-51D Mustang, "Miss Kitty”, is a tribute to that original airplane P-51K flown by Colonel John David "Rosie" Rosenbaum , painted in the distinctive black-tailed color scheme of the 75th Fighter Squadron, 23rd Fighter Group, 14th Air Force. Its paint nearly mirrors the museum’s Lope’s Hope 3rd.
Like so many WWII fighter pilots, Col. Rosenbaum named his Mustang after his sweetheart Lavinia “Kitty” Harris, whom he later married. We hope that we will have a very special Zoom connection with the actual Miss Kitty to hear this unique story first hand.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next