Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:17 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/08/europe/g ... index.html

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:40 pm 

So what's this got to do with Warbirds??? pop2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:06 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Quote:
So what's this got to do with Warbirds??

I think things like this are of general interest to many of us, and appreciate the heads-up. The subject is specific enough that those who are uninterested can easily skip with no lost time. No harm is done to anyone and some of us are quite happy to see this. Lighten up!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:10 pm 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Invader26 wrote:

Just trying to expand your horizons... :)

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

99.9% of ALL the threads I have ever posted on this site have little to do with WARBIRDS!!!! ....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:13 pm 

old iron wrote:
Quote:
So what's this got to do with Warbirds??

I think things like this are of general interest to many of us, and appreciate the heads-up. The subject is specific enough that those who are uninterested can easily skip with no lost time. No harm is done to anyone and some of us are quite happy to see this. Lighten up!

Thanks for the article, as a NAVY vet. :supz:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:55 am 

Mark Allen M wrote:
99.9% of ALL the threads I have ever posted on this site have little to do with WARBIRDS!!!! ....

Well, there's always that 0.1%

LOL !!

C2j

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:52 pm 

Mmmm. Article says the ship was the Karlsruhe - a Kriegsmarine light cruiser. These often carried 1 or 2 floatplanes, He-60s or Ar196s. These usually count as "warbirds" in restoration discussions. :spit :drink3:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:19 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

bearoutwest wrote:
Mmmm. Article says the ship was the Karlsruhe - a Kriegsmarine light cruiser. These often carried 1 or 2 floatplanes, He-60s or Ar196s. These usually count as "warbirds" in restoration discussions. :spit :drink3:

From Wikipedia:

"...The new cruiser was ordered as "Cruiser C" and given the temporary name Ersatz Medusa as a replacement for the old cruiser Medusa.[3] Construction of Karlsruhe began on 27 July 1926 with her keel laying at the Deutsche Werke shipyard in Kiel. She was launched on 20 August 1927 and was commissioned into the Reichsmarine on 6 November 1929.[4] Karlsruhe completed sea trials in the Baltic Sea after entering service, after which she was assigned to training ship duty. In May 1930, she departed on her first overseas training cruise, to Africa and South America. After returning to Germany, she was modernized late in the year; her foremast was shortened, and her rear superstructure was slightly enlarged. Over the next five years, she embarked on four more world cruises for naval cadets, traveling as far as Japan. Between each cruise, she conducted exercises with the rest of the fleet in German waters. Günther Lütjens served as the ship's commander from September 1934 to September 1935.[5] In 1935, she had more modifications made, including the installation of a pole mast aft of the funnels, along with an aircraft catapult amidships with a crane to handle floatplanes .[6]..."

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:12 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Invader26 wrote:

Relax spaz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:20 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

whistlingdeath77 wrote:
Invader26 wrote:

Relax spaz

This kind of provocative trolling is not wanted here.
It is needless and juvenile.
It accomplishes nothing, except maybe to drive valued forum members to leave and head elsewhere with their time and knowledge.
Please do not do this anymore.

Thank you.

Andy Scott

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:33 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

DH82EH wrote:
whistlingdeath77 wrote:
Invader26 wrote:

Relax spaz

It accomplishes nothing, except maybe to drive valued forum members to leave and head elsewhere with their time and knowledge.

Thank you.

Andy Scott

Ok so you can leave if you want. Good day

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:56 pm 

DH82EH wrote:
whistlingdeath77 wrote:
Invader26 wrote:

Relax spaz

Thank you.

Andy Scott

Just an FYI, whistlingdeath77. Invader 26 is a well known warbird owner/operator, war Vet who served his country, and pilot who has many decades of experience in operating these fine machines we like talking about. I'll venture to say he's probably been flying warbirds longer than you've been alive. It might be wise to show a little respect for your fellow forum members before you cast such aspersions and resort to such juvenile talk. Nobody can tell you how to act here, provided you are within the rules of conduct according to this board and Scott. However, with that being said, when you make such flippant immature statements, it does nothing but diminish your credibility, lowers your perceived intelligence level and turns people off to anything you might say. You've said similar statements many times in past threads here. Is that your intended reaction - to make yourself look foolish and stupid?

I don't think anybody would have a problem on someone calling anybody out on something off-topic that doesn't belong in a particular sub-forum. But, that is NOT the issue here. It's HOW you said it. Resorting to name-calling is not the way to do it.

Just a little bit of friendly advice to help you navigate this forum!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:11 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Relax spaz[/quote]

Thank you.

Andy Scott[/quote]
Just an FYI, whistlingdeath77. Invader 26 is a well known warbird owner/operator, war Vet who served his country, and pilot who has many decades of experience in operating these fine machines we like talking about. I'll venture to say he's probably been flying warbirds longer than you've been alive. It might be wise to show a little respect for your fellow forum members before you cast such aspersions and resort to such juvenile talk. Nobody can tell you how to act here, provided you are within the rules of conduct according to this board and Scott. However, with that being said, when you make such flippant immature statements, it does nothing but diminish your credibility, lowers your perceived intelligence level and turns people off to anything you might say. You've said similar statements many times in past threads here. Is that your intended reaction - to make yourself look foolish and stupid?

I don't think anybody would have a problem on someone calling anybody out on something off-topic that doesn't belong in a particular sub-forum. But, that is NOT the issue here. It's HOW you said it. Resorting to name-calling is not the way to do it.

Just a little bit of friendly advice to help you navigate this forum![/quote]

You have serious problems. Good day

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm 
2000+ Post Club
2000+ Post Club

Frank.
I have an honest question for you here.
How do you feel this kind of behaviour benefits you, or this forum?
Instead of just quoting me and then hurling another immature insult, try to really think this through.
You often post on here asking questions of members who have lots of information. Much of which you are interested in.
They very often respond and help you out. They have recently posted pictures at your request.
Just take a bit of time to think of your next reply.
I am sure that if you met the people you are insulting in person, you would be very interested to learn from them, check out their warbirds or even see them fly in airshows.
Don't be perceived as someone who wants to drag this forum down to the lowest common denominator. There truly is no benefit to anyone. Least of all you.

Thanks

Andy