Warbird Information Exchange

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed on this site are the responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the views of the management.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Classic Wings Magazine WWII Naval Aviation Research Pacific Luftwaffe Resource Center
When Hollywood Ruled The Skies - Volumes 1 through 4 by Bruce Oriss

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:19 am 

Hi gang,
Long time no see.
As Photobucket did their best to destroy any trust I had in companies who "cared" for your photographs, so it seems Key Publishing has effectively killed off my pleasure I had for years inhabiting the Historic forum.
Can't even reset my password. Don't want to too. So they have lost me. Over the years I have remained a weekly lurker on WIX where it seems to have still remained a pleasant place to be. Keep it up.
Oh and the Halifax cockpit has gone to East Kirkby, I still have a HP Hampden cockpit section and an Avro Lancaster main instrumenten panel underway.
Can't seem to sit still.
Cheers
Cees (original WWW-forum member)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 am 
Been here a long time
Been here a long time

Cees Broere wrote:
Hi gang,
Long time no see.
Welcome back!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:34 am 

I can't really add anything new to what has already been said about the situation at Key, as I see it, the place has died an inglorious death!

Like Cees, I was away from WIX for several years, as the input had become more American centric (this is not meant as a criticism) and as work became more heavy and I had less time available, I chose to browse those sites that covered more of my immediate interest but following the current situation alongside the previous downgrade (sorry upgrade!!!!), I have become a lurker of WIX on an almost daily basis again!

It would be great to see the Duxford Diary, Meteor WS788 Restoration thread, North Weald Diary amonst others the many others, migrate to another single place and maybe the authors of those threads will pick WIX!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 am 

Hi all.

I've been on here on and off since more or less the start.

I'm active in the restoration and upkeep of Avro Shackleton WR963 at Coventry, I've been helping out on AW Meteor WS788 at Elvington, and I have a continuing red tape battle with getting a Lancaster wreck out of a Swedish bog.

I can't be getting along with what they've done to Flypast, the last update killed off a good chunk of the photos in a thread I had running there; so I might be a little more active on here.

Regards,

Rich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:59 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Richard Woods wrote:
Hi all.

I've been on here on and off since more or less the start.

I'm active in the restoration and upkeep of Avro Shackleton WR963 at Coventry, I've been helping out on AW Meteor WS788 at Elvington, and I have a continuing red tape battle with getting a Lancaster wreck out of a Swedish bog.

I can't be getting along with what they've done to Flypast, the last update killed off a good chunk of the photos in a thread I had running there; so I might be a little more active on here.

Regards,

Rich

Rich,

Looking forward to updates: I've been a few weeks without looking at the FP site and find I'm not missing it at all!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:42 am 

Col. Rohr wrote:
Cees Broere wrote:
Hi gang,
Long time no see.
As Photobucket did their best to destroy any trust I had in companies who "cared" for your photographs, so it seems Key Publishing has effectively killed off my pleasure I had for years inhabiting the Historic forum.
Can't even reset my password. Don't want to too. So they have lost me. Over the years I have remained a weekly lurker on WIX where it seems to have still remained a pleasant place to be. Keep it up.
Oh and the Halifax cockpit has gone to East Kirkby, I still have a HP Hampden cockpit section and an Avro Lancaster main instrumenten panel underway.
Can't seem to sit still.
Cheers

Welcome back Cees, question any chance of you posting photos of the Halifax and Hampden cockpit :P

Hi Rob,
Here's a link to the FlyPast Forum with pics.
https://www.key.aero/forum/historic-avi ... it-project?

Some of the older pics are still working but the new forum set up has effectively killed off the latest ones.

Cheers
Cees

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:39 am 

Not another "refugee" but a new member nevertheless. I have been on the Key forum for a number of years (their counter for years of service and number of posts has given up the ghost it seems, so I can't say exactly how many). I hate their new format and am sad they have deleted so many of the old features. However, I am going to persevere as I am so familiar with that site that I can't bring myself to abandon them - yet. There is so much valuable information, now hidden, there. I have lurked around WIX for a long time, but today am taking the plunge. Thanks for having me.

Laurence

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:59 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Welcome aboard Laurence.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:12 pm 
3000+ Post Club
3000+ Post Club

I have been a member, a banned lurker, a visitor, and now I am none of those.

I tried to see the forums at Key, and their software demands an ID and password that I do not have.

It was a nice place to visit, to see stuff that interested me.

Instead of making it more accessible and easier to go to, they are doing the opposite.

Oh, well, "I ain't going back no mo' "

Saludos,

Tulio

I am one of them 'futbol' people.

Will the previous owner has pics of this double cabin sample

GOOD MORNING, WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.

Sooooo, how am I going to know to press 1 or 2, if I do not speak English????

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm surely one of the last to have discovered this, but the ex-FF "Duxford Diary" has moved to the UK Airshow Review website. Search under "Warbird & Classic Jet Photos".

https://forums.airshows.co.uk/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:20 am 

Location: London & Norfolk 8th Air Force Region & surrounding area
LaurenceG wrote:

Not another "refugee" but a new member nevertheless.

I have been on the Key forum for a number of years (their counter for years of service and number of posts has given up the ghost it seems, so I can't say exactly how many). I hate their new format and am sad they have deleted so many of the old features. However, I am going to persevere as I am so familiar with that site that I can't bring myself to abandon them - yet. There is so much valuable information, now hidden, there. I have lurked around WIX for a long time, but today am taking the plunge. Thanks for having me.

Laurence
'

Same deal above, as you Laurence - Been 'Lurking' (Avid Reader), on HERE, WiX, for at least 10-years now.

Always loved the fact this place was/is 'American-Centric', as much of my aviation interest "IS" = American related.

:spit

Even better about here is, no more 'Spitfire concentric' chatter/banter - It's the reason I disliked Spitfires for YEARS !

(bit like the radio continually playing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' & hacking it to death)

Whilst I've been reading THIS site for around 10-years, I "was" a member at Key-Forum-Flypast for 14-years-&-4-months

- https://www.key.aero/comment/1276672#comment-1276672

That's another difference - I was buying the "Flypast" magazine since it's inception, circa 1981 & even bought the 'pilot' mag', new.

So many GOOD threads on here, I've almost gawn blind reading & re-rreading stuff, just to try & catch up to date !

Loving the Mark Allen threads & the interesting pictures/photographs that he posts, here.

Like you & your quote, 'decided to take the plunge' as this place does look super-stable & seems to have a good player-base

Like the Aerodrome here & finally decided to Land :drinkers:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:14 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

Have they got there forum figured out yet?

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:59 am 
1000+ Posts!
1000+ Posts!

Last time I looked, it was still a mess.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:53 am 

Scott Rose wrote:

They have restored some of the basic functionality that a forum should have, but not all. As they destroyed most users trust and confidence, there is little activity.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:44 pm 
WRG Editor
WRG Editor

ErrolC wrote:
Scott Rose wrote:

They have restored some of the basic functionality that a forum should have, but not all. As they destroyed most users trust and confidence, there is little activity.

Yeah, it's tough situation to be in. One reason I haven't upgraded the forum software to something newer. I had to do it once before (http://archive.warbirdinformationexchan ... ndex1.html) and it was terrifying :)

Be civil, be polite, be nice.... or be elsewhere.
-------------------------------------------------------
This site is brought to you with the support of members like you. If you find this site to be of value to you,
consider supporting this forum and the Warbirds Resource Group with a VOLUNTARY subscription
For as little as $2/month you can help ($2 x 12 = $24/year, less than most magazine subscriptions)
So If you like it here, and want to see it grow, consider helping out.

Thanks to everyone who has so generously supported the site. We really do appreciate it.

Follow us on Twitter! @WIXHQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next