Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Where's the "Adult Content" section on WIX? ...

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm

WARNING: I can't find it so I had to post them here ... :wink:

Below are a few photos of Search and Rescue PBY's (Vickers OA-10A's) Catalina's and SB-17's. I believe a few of the SB-17's are from the 6th ERS, 5th ERG, 5th AF at Okinawa 1945-6.

OA-10A 44-34056 of the 2nd Emergency Rescue Squadron named “I’ll be Seeing You” 1944

B-17H search and rescue variant of the Flying Fortress showing additional radar and rescue boat. This B-17H of the 6th Emergency Rescue Squadron was photographed at Floridablanca Airfield, Luzon, Philippine Islands in June 1945

Another shot of OA-10A 44-34056 of the 2nd Emergency Rescue Squadron named “I’ll be Seeing You” 1944

And another shot of "The White Kitty Cat"

A nice color shot of an OA-10A from 5th of the 5th Emergency Rescue Squadron, Halesworth

OA-10A 44-33915 “Sophisticat” of the 5th Emergency Rescue Squadron

Re: Where's the "Adult Content" section on WIX? ...

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:39 pm

Mark Allen M wrote:Image
And another shot of "The White Kitty Cat"

That one's probably a play on the famous "Black Cats" moniker. :wink:

Re: Where's the "Adult Content" section on WIX? ...

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:20 am

Those are Great photos and I think a great story is probably behind them. Very interesting that the Higgins air dropped boats all have art too. Quite a find Mark.
Post a reply