Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Gold Rush: Parker's Trail

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:21 pm

Anybody watch ?

They said his grandfather was pictured in front of an Avenger, but it looked like an SBD Dauntless to me.
Later Parker went for a ride in CAF’s Avenger.

Phil

Re: Gold Rush: Parker's Trail

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Which season? I've watched all seasons of the actual show but have skipped most of the Parker's Trail stuff. I'd like to check out the episode you're talking about with On Demand if I can.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:42 pm

It aired on Friday, April 5th.

Phil

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:06 pm

I saw it. Pretty cool. Should be repeated this week, and available to view on the Discovery website.

Last night they showed some previews of the new season of Expedition Unknown, and it looks like in one episode the guy's going to be taking a ride in a P-51D.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:26 pm

I should have it on my DVR if it was last week's episode. I'll check for it later. Thanks!

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:56 pm

phil65 wrote:Anybody watch ?

They said his grandfather was pictured in front of an Avenger, but it looked like an SBD Dauntless to me.
Later Parker went for a ride in CAF’s Avenger.

Phil

Yep Phil, in the photo his granddad is pushing on the prop of a Dauntless with an Avenger in the background. Starting at the 27 minute mark Parker gets an intro to the Rocky Mountain Wings Avenger and takes a ride.
Last edited by airnutz on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:04 pm

OK

Thanks,
Phil

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:43 pm

I saw the preview/promo for the new season of "Expedition Unknown" last night and they had a couple shots of Josh Gates flying in the backseat of the CAF Mustang "Man-O-War" that will be in an upcoming show. 8)

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:50 pm

So how can a person find out exactly what Old John did on the planes during WW2? Was he an airframe or powerplant guy?
Miss him on the show.
Post a reply