Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Download your Flickr photos before they're gone forever

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Just saw this from February 9, 2019:

"Last year, a another photo-sharing company called SmugMug bought Flickr from Yahoo.
... there are some changes coming to free accounts."

"If you have a lot of images stored... you've got a decision to make:
Pay to keep them there, or download your files to keep them under a certain cap."

"You used to get a terabyte of free storage through a free Flickr account..."
The new limit on free accounts is 1,000 images,

Flickr extended the deadline to March 12, 2019.

https://www.komando.com/happening-now/543580/flickr-photos-download-deadline

Probably old news, but, if you missed it... heads up.

Re: Download your Flickr photos before they're gone forever

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Google images is still free and there is no limit on the number of pics you can upload if you keep them at internet ready resolution. That is where I'm slowly moving all my stuff to.

Will

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:47 am

In fairness to Flickr, they have widely publicised this for some time. And to their great credit, they aren't dumping people & their images like PB did: 1000 photos will do me fine and I do have an option.

It's a business after all, and Flickr will keep my business because they dealt with it in a far more respectful way than that other mess which is PB.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Blackbirdfan wrote:Google images is still free and there is no limit on the number of pics you can upload if you keep them at internet ready resolution. That is where I'm slowly moving all my stuff to.
Will

Pretty certain that I've recently read that Google Drive and Google Photos are being shutdown, due to a lack of uptake!

Is Google Images and Google Photos the same thing?

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Even with all of the complaints I've heard about Facebook, I've discovered it's a good place to post photos you want to share with fellow enthusiasts. I've been posting a ton of old model airplane pics since I discovered some photo CD's can go bad from various reasons and I wanted to do something before losing any more. Also backed up a lot on flash drives. I know any site can go away for whatever reason but it's working well for now. And it's free. You do get a sometimes irritating amount of notices anytime one of your Facebook friends so much as hiccups but some of that can be controlled by adjusting your preferences on notifications.

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Tony C wrote:
Blackbirdfan wrote:Google images is still free and there is no limit on the number of pics you can upload if you keep them at internet ready resolution. That is where I'm slowly moving all my stuff to.
Will

Pretty certain that I've recently read that Google Drive and Google Photos are being shutdown, due to a lack of uptake!

Is Google Images and Google Photos the same thing?

Google+ (the failed social network) is closing shortly.
Post a reply