Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: "Ole AM927" back when it wasn't so "Ole" ...

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 am

Chris Brame wrote:IIRC at least one was stolen long ago.

The plaque? Or the gun?

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:43 am

airnutz wrote:

The plaque? Or the gun?

The plaque was stolen. The one with my name on it. :x

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am

Ouch! Rat Bastids! :evil:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Link omitted
Last edited by Mark Allen M on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Lynn Allen wrote:Are the WIX plaques still on the guns? The ones we pitched in for...

I have only seen one. I'll double check tomorrow and let you know.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:32 pm

Mark Allen M wrote:There was someone here that was looking for Gary Austin's B-24 photos. Thanks to Zane Adams for saving all of them to 5

At this point I need to do my occasional reminder to all that these pictures were donated to an organization in NZ after Gary’s death. That doesn’t stop just because so many still think they are free for the taking.
Last edited by Brad on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Brad wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:There was someone here that was looking for Gary Austin's B-24 photos. Thanks to Zane Adams for saving all of them to a flickr album.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/zaneadams ... 3874999105

At this point I need to do my occasional reminder to all that these pictures were donated to an organization in NZ after Gary’s death. That doesn’t stop just because so many still think they are free for the taking.

Sounds like something you need to take up with whomever NZ is/are as to why they are in Zane's hands. Isn't Zane Adams one of the WIX moderators?
I'm just posting a link to what's been out there in Flickr world for a while. I'll can the link if it's not OK.

M

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Mark Allen M wrote:Sounds like something you need to take up with whomever NZ is/are as to why they are in Zane's hands. Isn't Zane Adams one of the WIX moderators?
I'm just posting a link to what's been out there in Flickr world for a while. I'll can the link if it's not OK.

M

I don’t need to take it up with anyone. I’m just reminding people that these pictures do belong to somebody else, even though I’m certain people are downloading them as fast as they can right now. They will, no doubt, show up soon on various Facebook pages and other flicker accounts soon because they always do. Zane and I have talked about this in the past. He got them off the net before Gary’s photobucket account, which I had just paid to keep running, died a premature death. I sent all the original files and pictures to NZ (the country) as I thought that to be the best place for them.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Brad I'd think that the only thing that people are doing is looking at them, appreciating them, fondly remembering Gary and respecting the fine work that has been done to the CAF's B-24. At least that's what I do. I certainly have no need nor interest in downloading any of them. Their nice to see once again and that's it for me. But I'll take the link down now as I'm also not interested in any drama over it.

Nothing to stress or worry about.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:13 pm

airnutz wrote:

The plaque? Or the gun?

The plaques, I thought there were several on all the guns.

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:16 pm

Brad wrote:
Mark Allen M wrote:Sounds like something you need to take up with whomever NZ is/are as to why they are in Zane's hands. Isn't Zane Adams one of the WIX moderators?

M

I don’t need to take it up with anyone. I’m just reminding people that these pictures do belong to somebody else, even though I’m certain people are downloading them as fast as they can right now. They will, no doubt, show up soon on various Facebook pages and other flicker accounts soon because they always do. Zane and I have talked about this in the past. He got them off the net before Gary’s photobucket account, which I had just paid to keep running, died a premature death. I sent all the original files and pictures to NZ (the country) as I thought that to be the best place for them.

I wish he had made it over there, its a great country and really good people to be around...

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:30 pm

A few more shots from the ole days.

At Oakland, CA, in August 1946. It went to Continental Can Company, then to Mexico, then to the CAF (Larkins Photo)

Post a reply