Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: THUNDER OVER MICHIGAN 2019

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:56 pm

martin_sam_2000 wrote:This is awesome!! 9 Corsairs so far and there is still 6 months to go!!!

I really hope we get some of the Texas and California birds out. I almost never get a chance to see the west/south coast stuff.

Sean

I’m the opposite! I’ve seen KWH and Erickson’s in old paint so that’s basically a whole different airplane than before! :supz:

From the West Coast and TX/OK there are 10 more possibilities. My bets on a handful of those showing up (Cavanaugh, Latshaw, POF maybe..?)

Such a sweet list already!!

Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:09 am

edit...posted later

Sean
Last edited by martin_sam_2000 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:05 pm

martin_sam_2000 wrote:So I threw this together this morning...

I see you used my redrawn Vought logo from my Warbird Wear page.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/works/7362196-chance-vought-aircraft-logo-black?p=t-shirt

Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Warbird Kid wrote:
martin_sam_2000 wrote:So I threw this together this morning...

I see you used my redrawn Vought logo from my Warbird Wear page.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/works/7362196-chance-vought-aircraft-logo-black?p=t-shirt

Maybe. Lol. Did a google search and that was the best looking one I found.

Hope its ok!

Sean

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Awesome collage Sean. I'm hoping they line them all up by variant, would make for some awesome Corsair 'progression' photos. Also noting that N1337A is painted similarly to N240CF now, I don't know if there are photos online, but there are plenty on facebook if you have access. She looks much better now in my opinion!

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:49 pm

GRNDP51 wrote:Awesome collage Sean. I'm hoping they line them all up by variant, would make for some awesome Corsair 'progression' photos. Also noting that N1337A is painted similarly to N240CF now, I don't know if there are photos online, but there are plenty on facebook if you have access. She looks much better now in my opinion!

awesome. thanks for the heads up, I will updated when (thats right..WHEN) another corsair gets announced. I wasn`t sure as there was three different schemes that popped up for that aircraft!

Sean

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:18 pm

martin_sam_2000 wrote:
GRNDP51 wrote:Awesome collage Sean. I'm hoping they line them all up by variant, would make for some awesome Corsair 'progression' photos. Also noting that N1337A is painted similarly to N240CF now, I don't know if there are photos online, but there are plenty on facebook if you have access. She looks much better now in my opinion!

awesome. thanks for the heads up, I will updated when (thats right..WHEN) another corsair gets announced. I wasn`t sure as there was three different schemes that popped up for that aircraft!

Sean

Sweet 8) all the Corsairs from here on out are gonna be surprises to me! The first 8 (besides Erickson's) I assumed would be attending, and then Louis' being added was the first unsure/unexpected! Skyboss next? :)

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 pm

The Erickson Aircraft Collection's F4U-7 (N1337A) is now painted in the markings of the F4U-4 flown by Jesse L. Brown, and Trent Latshaw's F4U-4 (N240CF) has been painted in the markings of the F4U-4 flown by Thomas J. Hudner. Both served as part of VF-32 from the USS Leyte in the Korean War. On a mission in 1950, Jesse Brown was shot down and fellow squadron-mate, Thomas Hudner, purposely crash-landed his Corsair nearby to try and save him from the wrecked aircraft in which he was trapped. The history of those two men, their service, sacrifice and bond, are retold in the book titled Devotion, by Adam Makos (of which there is also a movie being made).

Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm

JohnTerrell wrote:The Erickson Aircraft Collection's F4U-7 (N1337A) is now painted in the markings of the F4U-4 flown by Jesse L. Brown, and Trent Latshaw's F4U-4 (N240CF) has been painted in the markings of the F4U-4 flown by Thomas J. Hudner. Both served as part of VF-32 from the USS Leyte in the Korean War. On a mission in 1950, Jesse Brown was shot down and fellow squadron-mate, Thomas Hudner, purposely crash-landed his Corsair nearby to try and save him from the wrecked aircraft in which he was trapped. The history of those two men, their service, sacrifice and bond, are retold in the book titled Devotion, by Adam Makos (of which there is also a movie being made).

Now REALLY hoping Trent comes too, would be awesome to see them together

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:25 am

Outstanding stuff so far.
Looking forward to volunteering again this year for the photo tent/tour and hope all my TOM buddies are planning on attending.

Jeff

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Dizzle729 wrote:Some exciting news. Zoe Kotnik has been named the First Female Single Seat Tactical Demonstration Pilot and Commander for the USAF F-16 Viper Demonstration Team.

Excited to see her perform at TOM this summer. Full story below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtOJqc1F6sc/

Viper yes, Zoe no

First female Viper demo team pilot relieved of command after two weeks

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=68922

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Just added,

Brent Hisey's B-25J Mitchell "SUPER RABBIT"!

Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:07 pm

michael luther wrote:Just added,

Heavy Iron!!! 8)

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:13 pm

michael luther wrote:Just added,

Yesss!! Amazing lineup so far!

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:10 pm

Just added,

The Liberty Aviation Museum's B-25J Mitchell "Georgie's Gal"!
Post a reply