Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Fresh Out Of The Wax Paper

Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Now I just need the rest of what it bolts to.......

Re: Fresh Out Of The Wax Paper

Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Nice Mustang throttle.

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:36 pm

darn Id kill for a full set of drawings for that.. :axe:

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:52 am

Where did you find that? I'd love to find a Mustang Throttle quadrant like that and mount it in my plane.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:02 am

There had been one just like this (probably the very one?) on Ebay for $2,500 for the last several weeks.

The same seller still has this one for sale - marked as for a P-51B/C, but is actually the same type as used in early-mid production P-51D/K's as well (P-51D-5-NA, D-5-NT, D-10-NA, D-15-NA, early D-20-NA, K-1-NT, K-5-NT, K-10-NT, etc. - based on the mixture plate, it's configured for a typical/later P-51D/K engine setup rather than the earlier B/C). I have no affiliation with this seller/posting: https://www.ebay.com/itm/North-American ... m570.l1313

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:32 am

I also purchased one from the same seller. He had a few of them as well as some other mustang parts, many NOS and still wrapped. He stated that he got them as inventory with his recent mustang purchase. (not mentioning his name as I have not spoken to him about this).
He is a great guy to deal with, a supporter of the warbird movement and a great supporter of our Veterans based on the work he did this past Airventure show. If you are interested in anything he has for sale, I can assure you that you will be more than pleased with any transaction.
Post a reply