Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

EAA Museum return visit gallery

Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi All,

Had a chance to stop by for a revisit of the EAA Museum in Oshkosh. I’ve posted a gallery of primarily the Eagle Hangar with the Hispano hung from the ceiling, the Boeing YL-15 and the AWESOME CAF Nose Art displays.

Gallery Link:

https://www.vgbimages.com/AirMuseums/EA ... 8/n-2kwv82

Teasers:

Some of the ‘tamer’ Nose Art works:

Re: EAA Museum return visit gallery

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 pm

I want the Boeing!!!

Is that the one from Alaska that we've heard about (and was for sale in Trade-A-Plane about 20 years ago?).

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 am

Excellent pictures, thanks for sharing. I'll be visiting in September for the first time and am looking forward to it.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:34 am

Make sure you guys stop and say hi. My offfice is right at the entrance to the Eagle Hangar.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 pm

JohnB wrote:Is that the one from Alaska that we've heard about (and was for sale in Trade-A-Plane about 20 years ago?).

This one has been in the Brunquist family since 1954. He won Post WW2 Grand Champion and a Golden Wrench at Osh 2017 with this bird. He left it on display at EAA until he'll be back for 2018 Osh. IIRC, Pat Harker bought the one your thinking of, as well. I say as well, because he's having a small wing of YL's and the XL-15 restored. I think 4 in all. :shock:

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Vagabond wrote:Image

Anyone know how made the B-17/B-29 nose art pieces on the far wall in the background? They're clearly not from the CAF collection but they look great!
Post a reply