Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: 5000 Miles in a Spitfire

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:58 am

You helped more than "a little", Andy!

There were a million images and memories this summer. Here's a photo taken from a 19 Wing RCAF Cormorant, and the reverse, a screen-shot from my helmet-cam.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:07 pm

More nice images.
There sure have been plenty, of this adventure.

We got the C of A for our "poor mans' Spitfire" about 10 days ago. :wink:
Danny is planning on taking her to Gatineau. Look out for him this weekend.

Andy

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Sadly these pics will be gone in a couple months (thanks flickr :( ) but I thought I'd share them in the meantime. From Oshkosh...

Enjoy,
Will

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Wow! Those are great! It's snowing hard here at the moment where I live, but your pictures take me right back to the noise-smoke-heat-glory of Oshkosh.

Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Been meaning to post this Dave made the trip to Oshkosh worth while. Thanks for letting us share in it.
Attachments
dave trophy 1.jpg

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Too modest...

Steve (K225) ran the entire volunteer team who looked after the aircraft, start to finish. I was preoccupied with the machine. Steve kept the display manned and organized.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 am

Looks incredible. I was told 35 years ago by my primary instructor that the Spitfire was the ultimate airplane to fly. I still believe that must be the truth.

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 am

Looks incredible. I was told 35 years ago by my primary instructor that the Spitfire was the ultimate airplane to fly. I still believe that must be the truth.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm

This image is from Scott Slocum, taken during our departure from OSH. He's tied-in to the open baggage compartment of a Bonanza, wearing a headset and giving us positioning cues. Scanned from the current issue of EAA Warbirds.

This image is from my helmet-cam of the same moment. It's very wide-angle, so "images may be closer than they appear". And that's Lope's Hope in the background, loitering for the next session.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Look forward to my Warbirds arriving. Is there a write up in there Dave or just the photos?

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Just the photo.

But it was a heck of a send-off...

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 am

Ok thanks for the reply Dave.
Post a reply